How do you contact the mod team

Found 18th Dec 2017
One of my post has been wrongly deleted by being marked as already posted - how do I get it fixed? I already sent an email via the contact us option below - do I just wait now?

Cheers

1. Misc
Groups
  1. Misc
Top comments

The fastest way to get a response from the staff appears to be if you post something that annoys their friends or annoys the alternative user accounts of the mods.
Unfortunately it'll also lead to a pm warning you you've breached an ambiguous code of conduct without being specific.

32798918-Kdz6w.jpgQuickest way

Original Poster

Felicitous1 m ago

I thought this would be deleted

I hope they reply - coz it took me a while to compose the deal with all the links, images and the shebang - not that any of us gain anything out of posting per se - just the satisfaction of maybe having helped someone along the way. I know they are busy with the traffic in here, but a little bit of courtesy won't hurt I suppose.
41 Comments

in my experience there is no guarantee of a response, I messaged a little over a week ago now but didnt get a reply D:

Good luck

Original Poster

Thanks folks - they were uber quick to delete my post - but so slow to respond - they deleted it wrongly !!

matwalaboy6 m ago

Thanks folks - they were uber quick to delete my post - but so slow to …Thanks folks - they were uber quick to delete my post - but so slow to respond - they deleted it wrongly !!

Original Poster

Felicitous1 m ago

I hope they reply - coz it took me a while to compose the deal with all the links, images and the shebang - not that any of us gain anything out of posting per se - just the satisfaction of maybe having helped someone along the way. I know they are busy with the traffic in here, but a little bit of courtesy won't hurt I suppose.

You're going to get a response saying use contact us, you're thread here will be locked and that's it. You don't get a response.

Original Poster

fanpages21 m ago

The hit list...[ https://www.hotukdeals.com/about ][Image] [Image] ...and, …The hit list...[ https://www.hotukdeals.com/about ][Image] [Image] ...and, of course, the "Contact (Us)" Form.

I have already used the contact us option - was thinking of pinging some of the folks you mention - but thought that would be rude - so refrained from doing so. Let's see (if) and when they do reply to the contact us thingie.. Thanks for the post by the way.

The fastest way to get a response from the staff appears to be if you post something that annoys their friends or annoys the alternative user accounts of the mods.
Unfortunately it'll also lead to a pm warning you you've breached an ambiguous code of conduct without being specific.

Original Poster

Bestard2 m ago

The fastest way to get a response from the staff appears to be if you post …The fastest way to get a response from the staff appears to be if you post something that annoys their friends or annoys the alternative user accounts of the mods.Unfortunately it'll also lead to a pm warning you you've breached an ambiguous code of conduct without being specific.

Hmm - lets hope they will atleast reply here, or to the feedback post I made or the contact us form I filled - surely they must be reading all of this stuff or be aware of it. I don't want to be mean or anything coz I know they have a lot to deal with, just miffed that they didn't even bother to give me a chance to explain before simply deleting a post which was almost about to go hot and potentially help some folks.

I expect the only reason this is still here is because its weekend near xmas and they are all off or drunk or both

inb4 generic mod coming here and advising to use Contact Us and attempting to reassure you that they do look into all messages received. Then the thread gets locked.

They almost never reply to Contact Us.
Edited by: "DT89" 18th Dec 2017

I would like to know why sometimes you can list a deal from a seller and it is allowed, then a few days later you post another deal from that seller and it gets removed are some mods over zealous than others?.

Even if you contact them nothing will be done, I listed a few items last week, I search before listing so I don't repeat items already on. I listed a cheaper item from a different shop which was still a valid deal yet it was removed twice, I contacted them and have had no explanation why they removed my listing.
And like you had to come and ask how to contact them because it's not clearly shown anywhere.

Bestard6 h, 30 m ago

The fastest way to get a response from the staff appears to be if you post …The fastest way to get a response from the staff appears to be if you post something that annoys their friends or annoys the alternative user accounts of the mods.Unfortunately it'll also lead to a pm warning you you've breached an ambiguous code of conduct without being specific.

Or your post will just disappear when said person can't justify their comments and mods won't reply when you ask why.

P.s. you were right that time a few weeks back
Edited by: "bryanhaines399" 18th Dec 2017

I need to expire a deal that ended and I don’t have the option to expire and I’ve tried to edit it 4 times and now the option had been removed to edit it? Any help would be really appreciated xx

Love2shop2548 m ago

I need to expire a deal that ended and I don’t have the option to expire a …I need to expire a deal that ended and I don’t have the option to expire and I’ve tried to edit it 4 times and now the option had been removed to edit it? Any help would be really appreciated xx

Try reporting it usually works and you get a message to tell you it’s done even if it isn’t

32798918-Kdz6w.jpgQuickest way

Original Poster

Jumpingphil7 h, 40 m ago

You don't think they read every post do you?No-ones got time for that.They …You don't think they read every post do you?No-ones got time for that.They rely on helpers hitting the report button on spurious posts.What did you post anyway?

Sure - I get it - but the least to expect would be for them to click the links on the two and try to match it - or thats also too much? Coz then anyone can report just about anything. I posted about some spread being at good price at Asda and Morrisons - which was confused by another post and removed.

Original Poster

verityjoanne2 h, 18 m ago

Even if you contact them nothing will be done, I listed a few items last …Even if you contact them nothing will be done, I listed a few items last week, I search before listing so I don't repeat items already on. I listed a cheaper item from a different shop which was still a valid deal yet it was removed twice, I contacted them and have had no explanation why they removed my listing.And like you had to come and ask how to contact them because it's not clearly shown anywhere.

Sigh !!

matwalaboy30 m ago

Sigh !!

Hey just thought I'd add in incase you didn't know. They reply back to your email address not on here. Check your emails

HUKD Customer service is second only to BT!
I particularly like the little message you get saying that 'they've taken care of it' whenever you report something

Original Poster

gerrymig23 m ago

HUKD Customer service is second only to BT!I particularly like the little …HUKD Customer service is second only to BT!I particularly like the little message you get saying that 'they've taken care of it' whenever you report something

I love the hint of sarcasm here

Original Poster

LeahsMintytoutou30 m ago

Hey just thought I'd add in incase you didn't know. They reply back to …Hey just thought I'd add in incase you didn't know. They reply back to your email address not on here. Check your emails

Thanks bud - that sigh was more as a response to the methods they apply - not so much to your reply

matwalaboy8 m ago

Thanks bud - that sigh was more as a response to the methods they apply - …Thanks bud - that sigh was more as a response to the methods they apply - not so much to your reply

Oh I know, don't worry I knew you didn't mean it to me. I was just reading the comments, agreeing with most of them but it dawned on me you maybe didn't realise they message to your email address. I've got annoyed on the many times I've not had a response but sometimes, days later, I find an email in my junk folder or something so thought I'd give you a heads up 😊

Original Poster

And now they have reinstated the thread - but in its original place - which is like on the 100th page

Original Poster

And for folks asking what did I post - whilst its not a biggie - its just the effort it took me to look at the forum, mysupermarket, put it all together etc and its this one here

hotukdeals.com/dea…799

fanpages10 h, 32 m ago

The hit list...[ https://www.hotukdeals.com/about ][Image] [Image] ...and, …The hit list...[ https://www.hotukdeals.com/about ][Image] [Image] ...and, of course, the "Contact (Us)" Form.

wow thanks for that fanpages. Interesting to learn about the HUKD team. @BuzzDuraband likes Opera.

matwalaboy28 m ago

And for folks asking what did I post - whilst its not a biggie - its just …And for folks asking what did I post - whilst its not a biggie - its just the effort it took me to look at the forum, mysupermarket, put it all together etc and its this one herehttps://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/bertolli-originallight-spread-for-100-at-asdamorrisons-2857799

Well, I've given your deal some heat, on principal, but can I just say it came as a bit of an anti-climax.
I was expecting something magnificent, not cheap butter LOL.

matwalaboy1 h, 2 m ago

And now they have reinstated the thread - but in its original place - …And now they have reinstated the thread - but in its original place - which is like on the 100th page

Out of order isn't it. Why not make it now so people get to see it be u get the heat. They did that with mine once before the search feature doesn't work properly either as I've searched to make sure something hasn't already been listed then it turns out it has been posted but didn't show up in search. Frustrating

Original Poster

Bestard38 m ago

Well, I've given your deal some heat, on principal, but can I just say it …Well, I've given your deal some heat, on principal, but can I just say it came as a bit of an anti-climax.I was expecting something magnificent, not cheap butter LOL.

Sorry to have disappointed you, I will try harder next time, lol

shabbird1 h, 45 m ago

wow thanks for that fanpages. Interesting to learn about the HUKD team. …wow thanks for that fanpages. Interesting to learn about the HUKD team. @BuzzDuraband likes Opera.

All he does is listen to opera whilst playing The Division... @BuzzDuraband

TBH I had him down as more of a Phil Collins kinda guy... clearly a Culture Vulture..

Bestard1 h, 19 m ago

Well, I've given your deal some heat, on principal, but can I just say it …Well, I've given your deal some heat, on principal, but can I just say it came as a bit of an anti-climax.I was expecting something magnificent, not cheap butter LOL.

"I Cant believe its just butter"

Editor

shabbird1 h, 46 m ago

wow thanks for that fanpages. Interesting to learn about the HUKD team. …wow thanks for that fanpages. Interesting to learn about the HUKD team. @BuzzDuraband likes Opera.

joanddan71 m ago

All he does is listen to opera whilst playing The Division... …All he does is listen to opera whilst playing The Division... @BuzzDuraband TBH I had him down as more of a Phil Collins kinda guy... clearly a Culture Vulture..

I'm more of a The Carpenters kind of guy. Clearly that statement was referring to internet browsers. P.S I don't have a kite

BuzzDuraband3 m ago

I'm more of a The Carpenters kind of guy. Clearly that statement was …I'm more of a The Carpenters kind of guy. Clearly that statement was referring to internet browsers. P.S I don't have a kite

Ha.....

I hate these sorta requests - "We are redoing the website and want section with a bit about you...Can you write a few words"...

I sent back attached in a scanned copy...

"A Few words" - in my handwriting...That didn't go down well... "It wasnt in the spirit of what they were trying to do and I knew full well what they meant."

I should have said I was a kite flyer...

BuzzDuraband1 h, 52 m ago

I'm more of a The Carpenters kind of guy. Clearly that statement was …I'm more of a The Carpenters kind of guy. Clearly that statement was referring to internet browsers. P.S I don't have a kite

An Oldie But a Goodie

BuzzDuraband2 h, 21 m ago

Come on... give them chance... one day they may even notice the correct Camel Case of your member name.

It's enough to give you the hump.

My lego dragon deal, i searched couldn't find it, posted deal it went to moderation not live, over an hour later i got a message saying it was already posted by someone, then they decided to make it live, then i got another message saying it was already posted and they combined it with the other one for some reason.

Segata-Sanshiro1 h, 14 m ago

My lego dragon deal, i searched couldn't find it, posted deal it went to …My lego dragon deal, i searched couldn't find it, posted deal it went to moderation not live, over an hour later i got a message saying it was already posted by someone, then they decided to make it live, then i got another message saying it was already posted and they combined it with the other one for some reason.

It is party time may be they had one to many as we know anything goes in pepper towers
Edited by: "eslick" 18th Dec 2017

Original Poster

Segata-Sanshiro1 h, 14 m ago

My lego dragon deal, i searched couldn't find it, posted deal it went to …My lego dragon deal, i searched couldn't find it, posted deal it went to moderation not live, over an hour later i got a message saying it was already posted by someone, then they decided to make it live, then i got another message saying it was already posted and they combined it with the other one for some reason.

Mickey-ing around is the word - that comes to mind
Post a comment
@
    Text