Groups
    EXPIRED

How do you crop and save a photo on a Canon Power Shot SX110?

Hi I have the above camera....it's about 5 years old but I believe the newer models have the same functions? I have a lovely photo of my 90 year old uncle with my son taken today but I cannot find my manual and don't know how to crop and save the photo. Anyone out there that can help please? Have looked online and cant find the info there. When I click on menu when I'm on the pic the 4th option down is 'resize' but have fiddled with this and no joy...think that this might be resizing the pixels and not cropping the pic. Any help would be gratefully received!!

10 Comments

If you Google the camera, you might be able to download the manual as a PDF.

Original Poster

Yes I did that and had a look through but can't find cropping on there. Very frustrating!! Been trying for an hour now - I can crop the photo but cannot save the cropped image

Sorry. Thats the limit of my help :-(

Original Poster

No worries!! Thank you anyway
    Edited by: "GILLFREEBIE" 14th Dec 2014

if you can crop the photo you're almost there. if I remember rightly if you back out if it with the back button it saves the image automatically. .......doesnt it. it goes to the end of your photo reel.

Original Poster

Doesn't seem to be working......I go on the image, press menu, resize, then I crop it on the screen.....and then I don't know what to do to save it?! Tried pressing everything and it just comes out of the image and nothing is changed. Ggrrrrr!

Copy image to pc/laptop - open in MSPaint - click Rectangle selection box - drag the area you want to keep - click crop

That's the easy way

If you need to maintain photo ratio 6 x 4 or other standard - let me know what photo editing software you have available (pm me or reply to this comment)

Quickly reading the manual gdlp01.c-wss.com/gds…pdf

If it's the correct model/manual - I can't see an option to crop on the camera

Original Poster

philphil61

Quickly reading the manual … Quickly reading the manual http://gdlp01.c-wss.com/gds/4/0300001224/01/PSSX110IS_CUG_EN.pdfIf it's the correct model/manual - I can't see an option to crop on the camera

Thank you.....no we couldn't find an option to crop either.....think its time to upgrade to a new model!! My daughter is cropping it on the laptop for me. Think when I upload it to turn into prints with Jessops or the likes I will be able to crop it and maintain 6x4 or 7x5 and get a lovely print to frame Thanks so much for taking the trouble to reply. Really appreciate it.

GILLFREEBIE

Thank you.....no we couldn't find an option to crop either.....think its … Thank you.....no we couldn't find an option to crop either.....think its time to upgrade to a new model!! My daughter is cropping it on the laptop for me. Think when I upload it to turn into prints with Jessops or the likes I will be able to crop it and maintain 6x4 or 7x5 and get a lovely print to frame Thanks so much for taking the trouble to reply. Really appreciate it.

No problem whatsoever - thanks for taking the time to reply

Let me know if your daughter needs assistance on cropping - and yes most photo shops (excuse the pun) or online photo storage sites offer tools for photo enhancements
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Any good deals going for skyrim on xbox one?24
      2. Does anyone have a spare code from the inside of a Kellogg's cereal box for…11
      3. mobile phone advice needed please11
      4. Sky or virgin55

See more discussions