Expired

How do you deposit a cheque if your bank doesn't have any actual banks

11 replies
Found 20th Dec 2014
As above. Just joined Tesco bank and i get paid by monthly cheque. How do i deposit a cheque and where do i do it? I know some Tesco Stores have a Tesco Bank counter at customer service but my nearest store like that is 10 miles away

1. Ask
Groups
  1. Ask
11 Comments

It would seem that is your only option

http://faq.tescobank.com/help/savings/instant_access/cheques_instore

You might have to consider opening a new account with a different bank or switching your account to another bank.

Edited by: "RossD89" 20th Dec 2014

Do some Tesco have their own bank machines, can you use one of them to pay in

Go and ask your employer why they still use cheques when it is nearly 2015. Consider getting another job.

go to the customer service desk in store(not express or metro stores) and ask to deposit it to your current account. my partner works on the customer service desk at tesco and people often do this.

hope that helps!
Edited by: "markhamilton1984" 20th Dec 2014

Use a decent bank, most banks now allow cheque's to be paid in at the Post Office, sadly for you, not Tesco.

Details from Tesco Bank Site

Just fill in the payment details on one of the pay-in slips at the back of your cheque book and send the slip along with your cheque to:

FREEPOST RTGU-ULZJ-XYTK
Tesco Bank
PO Box 4943
LANCING
BN11 9YL

Send it to me with all your details i will cash it for you.

Original Poster

markhamilton1984

go to the customer service desk in store(not express or metro stores) and … go to the customer service desk in store(not express or metro stores) and ask to deposit it to your current account. my partner works on the customer service desk at tesco and people often do this.hope that helps!

My town is not on the list of participants, its selected stores only. I guess i will have to post a cheque
thanks for the answers guys

AStonedRaichu

My town is not on the list of participants, its selected stores only. I … My town is not on the list of participants, its selected stores only. I guess i will have to post a chequethanks for the answers guys

sorry my partner did not know it was participating stores, i will get her to see if she can find out when it is rolling out nationally and let you know

Did you ask your employer about them doing a Bank transfer rather than a cheque ass financially it would work out easier for them?
Edited by: "arachnoid" 21st Dec 2014
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Whey protien618
    2. Wireless headphones11
    3. Driving anxiety.2429
    4. I’m in dire need of a dash cam with remote viewing capability over 4G916

See more discussions