Groups

How do you email someone on Twitter?

As above.

12 Comments

SuperEd

tryng to get hold of vodafone ad

There are two ways to contact some one on twitter really, the first way is to write an "@" followed by their username with no space, for example im @WinterSoldier5 However this does not guarantee they will see it as it just appears in their section and is public, dont put anything private in here.

You can also send a direct message by clicking "Direct messages" on the right hand side. Once youve clicked that go to the top and select the recipient from the drop down bar and then type your message. As far as im aware this is private but dont qoute me on it, however to send private messages you both have to be following each other.

Chances are ive miss understood the OP or there are other ways to do it in which case im sorry :P

Original Poster

goonertillidie;8385581

tryng to get hold of vodafone ad

YES

WinterSoldier5;8385619

There are two ways to contact some one on twitter really, the first way … There are two ways to contact some one on twitter really, the first way is to write an "@" followed by their username with no space, for example im @WinterSoldier5 However this does not guarantee they will see it as it just appears in their section and is public, dont put anything private in here.You can also send a direct message by clicking "Direct messages" on the right hand side. Once youve clicked that go to the top and select the recipient from the drop down bar and then type your message. As far as im aware this is private but dont qoute me on it, however to send private messages you both have to be following each other.Chances are ive miss understood the OP or there are other ways to do it in which case im sorry :P

No one in my drop down box?

Adam2050;8385631

No one in my drop down box?

Sometimes the name doesn't appear in the drop down box - easiest way is to go to their profile and in the right hand panel under "Actions" there will be an option called "Message" - this is only there if they are following you - as WinterSoldier said, you can't Direct Message someone that isn't following your tweets.

Only way to contact someone that isn't a follower is @'ing them - they then have to click on their username to see any posts directed to them that are from people they aren't following, so they might not see the message for a while...

Original Poster

Tried that Hodsey but nothing there so I am guessing they disabled that option.

Adam2050;8385680

Tried that Hodsey but nothing there so I am guessing they disabled that … Tried that Hodsey but nothing there so I am guessing they disabled that option.

No, just means they aren't following you....

Original Poster

hodsey77;8385685

No, just means they aren't following you....

oh okay. strange system

Adam2050;8385707

oh okay. strange system

Heh! Well, it stops you getting DMs / PMs from unsolicited people... you can still message them using the @, but like above, they might not see it instantly

Banned

Adam2050;8385707

oh okay. strange system

Not really. It just makes it quite hard to spam on twitter.

They can read their @replies (including yours, regardless of their following status), but why do you think they will automatically reply to you?

Stalker much maybe?

Where you tweet put "@VodafoneUKdeals blah blah blah"

With blah blah blah being your message.

Original Poster

vibeone;8385728

Not really. It just makes it quite hard to spam on twitter.They can read … Not really. It just makes it quite hard to spam on twitter.They can read their @replies (including yours, regardless of their following status), but why do you think they will automatically reply to you?Stalker much maybe?

Okay suppose you guys are right.

You got the I-pad yet?
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …84142
      2. Follow the Three Word Game!!!44624043
      3. Who's getting the Xbox X Scorpio? 60 day satisfaction1111
      4. Oh deer.. looks like they are back sooner this year.2748

See more discussions