How do you find details of car by registration number?

Found 11th Oct 2011
Community Updates
MiscCar
27 Comments
enter into an insurance quote, car details will come up
If you have got an iphone you can download my car checker. Sure it is a free app
click on 'sell' on autotrader
I forgot to mention, i need to find details of registered keeper
What details?
I think the only way to find keeper details is to apply to the DVLA and pay a small charge per vehicle you need details for.
sancho1983

What details?

Name and adress
momartin

I think the only way to find keeper details is to apply to the DVLA and … I think the only way to find keeper details is to apply to the DVLA and pay a small charge per vehicle you need details for.

Any idea how much it will cost?

You can only get the name and address of the registered keeper of another … You can only get the name and address of the registered keeper of another vehicle if you can demonstrate ‘reasonable cause’ for needing the information. The DVLA must consider the reasons why you need the information and how it will be used before it is given to you.It is a criminal offence under Section 55 of the Data Protection Act 1998 to unlawfully obtain or sell personal information. Unlimited fines in the Crown Court (or to a maximum of £5,000 in the Magistrates Court) exist as penalties in respect of these offences.

but if you wish to continue, you can get the info for a fee of £2.50 Download 'Request for information by a member of the public " pdf

Edited by: "richp" 11th Oct 2011
Probably £5000 if you have no valid cause to obtain the details! Shame they let every Tom Dick and Harry who own car parks buy your details and bug you for car parking fines which are unenforceable. Not that I'm bitter...
I was hit and run by a car but sufferd minor injury, got the cops involved but they didnt help. So i want to talk to the guy who did it. Isnt that a good reason if the cops didnt help me.
If the police didn't help, I doubt the DVLA will
yipykayay

If the police didn't help, I doubt the DVLA will

Thats cos we attacked the car after i got hit and its become a case against us.
h4mza

Thats cos we attacked the car after i got hit and its become a case … Thats cos we attacked the car after i got hit and its become a case against us.

hmmm that was clever !!! you may have well shot yourself in the foot, why did you think it was a good idea to attack it ?
So you want to find the details of the victim of an assault by you and your mates!

And why would you want to do that?
h4mza

Thats cos we attacked the car after i got hit and its become a case … Thats cos we attacked the car after i got hit and its become a case against us.

If its a case against you then surely you will be seeing them.............in court, if not, then attempting to track them down now surely WILL end up with you meeting in a pretty public place and probably end in tears, not their's of course, but you would already know this wouldn't you ?
let me get this straight-
you got accidentally runover
you went over and damaged the car in a rage
they reported you to the police

now you either want to beat em up some more to drop the case or you want to say sorry and it was the heat of the moment.

feel free to correct me.

I'd quit while you're behind and get yourself a decent solicitor.

h4mza

This place has gone to the dogs recently

The DVLA will tell you to Foxtrot Oscar. Politely mind you, which is more than can be said for me.

You've already proven your own stupidity. Don't make it worse. Or you will be worried about picking up soap in the showers for a few months.
Joey Bloggsy

let me get this straight-you got accidentally runoveryou went over and … let me get this straight-you got accidentally runoveryou went over and damaged the car in a ragethey reported you to the policenow you either want to beat em up some more to drop the case or you want to say sorry and it was the heat of the moment.feel free to correct me.

You missed the bit where he announces his intentions all over the internet first.
Thread backfire! What a tool the OP is.
What a thread!

Maybe a misc thread will see a courtroom as OP is sent down :-)
How do you attack a car?
sancho1983

How do you attack a car?

there you go

http://static2.stuff.co.nz/1309819211/221/5234221.jpg
Gotta love Fawlty Towers and OP as others have said your an idiot.
sancho1983

How do you attack a car?

Or like this lolz :

The boy chuck, car attack
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants