Groups

How do you find out if a website is genuine?

as the title they are cheaper than I can find them anywhere else

feedem.co.uk/cat…htm
    the item

thanks

4 Comments

Original Poster

thanks seems genuine enough and i can pay with paypal

If you use IE8 you can go to tools and turn on smart filtering which would alert you if a website was a fake. Afterwards though I would switch it back off otherwise it will send your web history to MS. I use it to do financial transactions just incase. If its a genuine website though and its ripping you off it can't pick that up. Its only a way to find out if the website is a spoof.

Maybe its not what you were asking but its good, I always use it whenever I order anything. Also remember that if you use paypal or credit card when you order something you get buyer protection.

Original Poster

FoX5

If you use IE8 you can go to tools and turn on smart filtering which … If you use IE8 you can go to tools and turn on smart filtering which would alert you if a website was a fake. Afterwards though I would switch it back off otherwise it will send your web history to MS. I use it to do financial transactions just incase. If its a genuine website though and its ripping you off it can't pick that up. Its only a way to find out if the website is a spoof.Maybe its not what you were asking but its good, I always use it whenever I order anything. Also remember that if you use paypal or credit card when you order something you get buyer protection.

thanks for the extra info
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. I have 2 spare netflix slots and a spotify share.918
      2. One thing you've forgotten79
      3. Get an annual MOT reminder714
      4. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19047185

See more discussions