How do you get a picture off a website onto a powerpoint presentation??

14 replies
Found 17th May 2009
Hi there you lovely HUKD people, I have got Office Mac and I don't know how to put a picture from a website onto a powerpoint presentation, anyone able to help?? Also this is not so important but my presentation is on Scuba diving and I was hoping to put a nice fishy background on but don't know how to do this either!

Thanks in advance!

14 Comments

Original Poster

Oh no! I was making progress then and accidentally deleted the download thing off my dock!!!!!

Mac

no idea sorry

Original Poster

phatboy123;5241832

no idea sorry

Oh no! There must be a mac genius on here somewhere!

I've no idea but you're more than welcome to pm me the link to the website and your e-mail address and i'll e-mail you a jpeg of the picture :thumbsup:

right click on the image on the web page and click save as .... save it somewhere you will find it

to place image as background for the whole presentation
open powerpoint then
1. Choose View > Master > Slide Master to display the slide master.
2. Choose Format > Background.
3. Click the drop-down list and choose Fill Effects.
4. On the Picture tab, click the Select Picture tab to choose an image file.

to include as just an image in a slide
1. Display the slide.
2. Choose Insert > Picture > From File and choose an image file to insert.
3. Select the image and move it to the desired location.

You can just save the photo to your HDD and then copy and paste into the powerpoint document.

or do what faevilangel says!!

Original Poster

faevilangel;5241917

right click on the image on the web page and click save as .... save it … right click on the image on the web page and click save as .... save it somewhere you will find itto place image as background for the whole presentation open powerpoint then 1. Choose View > Master > Slide Master to display the slide master. 2. Choose Format > Background. 3. Click the drop-down list and choose Fill Effects. 4. On the Picture tab, click the Select Picture tab to choose an image file.to include as just an image in a slide 1. Display the slide. 2. Choose Insert > Picture > From File and choose an image file to insert. 3. Select the image and move it to the desired location.

Thanks!! I'm giving it a try now!

Original Poster

Liddle ol' me;5241929

You can just save the photo to your HDD and then copy and paste into the … You can just save the photo to your HDD and then copy and paste into the powerpoint document.

yea was just havin trouble doing that I'm not very mac literate

Original Poster

RedIron;5241914

I've no idea but you're more than welcome to pm me the link to the … I've no idea but you're more than welcome to pm me the link to the website and your e-mail address and i'll e-mail you a jpeg of the picture :thumbsup:

I think I can do it now but thanks very much and have some rep for being kind!

to get the download folder back on to the dock, click on your macintosh HD drive and locate the folder and drag it back on to the dock.

Original Poster

Xiwt;5241954

to get the download folder back on to the dock, click on your macintosh … to get the download folder back on to the dock, click on your macintosh HD drive and locate the folder and drag it back on to the dock.

Excellent! Cheers I was missing that!

Hi, you can right click or ctrl-click (the lowest button on the left) on the image and 'save as' to your desktop or pictures folder, then incorporate the image into powerpoint using 'insert picture'. If that doesn't work, go to applications>utilities>grab, go back to your web page, select 'grab' in the dock, then select capture> selection, then drag across the image. The picture should then pop up, save it as a jpeg, then insert it into your powerpoint.
Hope this helps

Original Poster

wonkypops;5241990

Hi, you can right click or ctrl-click (the lowest button on the left) on … Hi, you can right click or ctrl-click (the lowest button on the left) on the image and 'save as' to your desktop or pictures folder, then incorporate the image into powerpoint using 'insert picture'. If that doesn't work, go to applications>utilities>grab, go back to your web page, select 'grab' in the dock, then select capture> selection, then drag across the image. The picture should then pop up, save it as a jpeg, then insert it into your powerpoint. Hope this helps

Cheers for that, like the grab thing didn't know it was there!

Or more easily just right-click on the picture, select copy and then paste it into your presentation.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7769499
    2. word association Game74244919
    3. Add one, leave one game54415447
    4. What's you favourite 60s 70s 80s song ?993252

See more discussions