Expired

How do you get an updated road tax for a registration plate transfer you have just completed?

Banned 11
Found 23rd Apr 2013
I have just completed a private registration plate transfer from one car to another and have just received both new V5 (Log books) back from DVLA yesterday. How do I get the new road taxes for both cars with their new registration plates on? I was under the impression that they send new road taxes with the updated reg plates. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks
Community Updates
  1. Ask
Groups
  1. Ask
11 Comments
Banned
Maybe contact the DVLA?
I have gotten mine by going to the local dvla office and they reissue the new tax disc then, did you send the old tax disc back?
Edited by: "mosskeeto" 23rd Apr 2013
Original Poster Banned
mosskeeto

I have gotten mine by going to the local dvla office and they reissue the … I have gotten mine by going to the local dvla office and they reissue the new tax disc then, did you send the old tax disc back?

Nah i still have them displayed in my cars. I sent them photocopies of each tax disc with the V317 transfer form and original MOT certificates.
kingcobra786

Nah i still have them displayed in my cars. I sent them photocopies of … Nah i still have them displayed in my cars. I sent them photocopies of each tax disc with the V317 transfer form and original MOT certificates.

They need the old disc(s) back before they issue new.
Easiest way is to take the old discs + V5s + MOTs (if applicable) to your nearest DVLA office. As mosskeeto rightly says - they'll issue you new discs there and then.
As above - I recently got a private reg and it was all in the notes
You go to the nearest DVLA office with your old tax, paperwork for the new reg and I took insurance, MOT and proof of purchase too
Got a ticket number, 10 minutes later I was out with a new tax with the new reg on it and the certificate
Original Poster Banned
ok thanks for your replies. If i was to take both road taxes of both vehicles to local dvla office that means one of the vehicles will be parked on the road without a tax disc showing. My local dvla office is an hour away so would take me over 2 hours to go, get the job done, and back again. Could that be an issue?
my new reg doucuments came back on the Sat but the tax discs came back on the thursday after, they do not send them out together for security reasons. Give them a ring
I went to my local dvla office to sort out my reg and was given a new disc along with a letter that I had to post back with old one.
I was told I had to take old tax disc in with me which I did but I was not asked for it there,just to post it back.
Original Poster Banned
karen46

my new reg doucuments came back on the Sat but the tax discs came back on … my new reg doucuments came back on the Sat but the tax discs came back on the thursday after, they do not send them out together for security reasons. Give them a ring

Thanks. Do the original MOT certificates come separately too as I havent received them also? Only got the Log books back so far.
kingcobra786

Thanks. Do the original MOT certificates come separately too as I havent … Thanks. Do the original MOT certificates come separately too as I havent received them also? Only got the Log books back so far.

My new one didn't need MOT but yes the revised MOT for old car did come with Tax discs plus the authorisation papers to get number plates made up
Edited by: "karen46" 24th Apr 2013
Original Poster Banned
karen46

My new one didn't need MOT but yes the revised MOT for old car did come … My new one didn't need MOT but yes the revised MOT for old car did come with Tax discs plus the authorisation papers to get number plates made up

Thats great. Rang DVLA and they said the same thing. Many thanks for your help.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants