How do you get files that you have downloaded on a jailbroken iphone?

20 replies
Found 17th May 2009
As above really!!!

Also i downloaded some themes from cydia where are they how do i use them?

Cheers everyone.

1. Misc
  2. iPhone
Groups
  1. Misc
  2. iPhone
20 Comments

Original Poster

****!!! I just deleted all the dudes songs now i cant work out how to add mine!!! **** i think i ****ed up. Damn these things are so not user friendly!!!

Original Poster

gr8h8me;5237378

Don't know ir this helps but try this link and Good … Don't know ir this helps but try this link and Good Luckhttp://www.askdavetaylor.com/copy_itunes_music_onto_apple_iphone.html

Cheers dude, will help me in a different way

You have to download winterboard from cydia, that allows you to change themes.

Original Poster

marsland95l2cr;5237483

You have to download winterboard from cydia, that allows you to change … You have to download winterboard from cydia, that allows you to change themes.

Cheers, any idea how do put apps from a cd on to the phone?

are they .ipa files on the cd? (cracked apps?)

if so you need to do this:

1. open cydia
2. Manage - Sources - Edit - Add
3. Type - cydia.hackulo.us/ - Add source
4. Tap Hackulo.us
5. Tap miPatch Firmware 2.2.1
6. Install
7. Open iTunes
7.1 Buy a free app thro the app store on the iphone
8. Double Click the cracked app
9. Sync Iphone

that should do it!

Original Poster

marsland95l2cr;5237589

are they .ipa files on the cd? (cracked apps?)if so you need to do … are they .ipa files on the cd? (cracked apps?)if so you need to do this:1. open cydia2. Manage - Sources - Edit - Add3. Type - http://cydia.hackulo.us/ - Add source4. Tap Hackulo.us5. Tap miPatch Firmware 2.2.16. Install7. Open iTunes7.1 Buy a free app thro the app store on the iphone8. Double Click the cracked app9. Sync Iphonethat should do it!

Cheers ill try that then mate, plus im on 2.2 will that be a problem?

RuthIess;5237616

Cheers ill try that then mate, plus im on 2.2 will that be a problem?

don't know about 2.2. ill check. how many apps you got on this cd?

heres a good site has most apps:

appulo.us/appdb/

Edit: think it will be fine on 2.2

Original Poster

Ok cool i dont know mabey 200 apps but i only want a few obviously lol.

Banned

mmm new apps for mine me thinks:-D

Original Poster

dog_cop;5237847

mmm new apps for mine me thinks:-D

How do you add yours mr minty fresh? :thumbsup:

marsland95l2cr;5237589

are they .ipa files on the cd? (cracked apps?)if so you need to do … are they .ipa files on the cd? (cracked apps?)if so you need to do this:1. open cydia2. Manage - Sources - Edit - Add3. Type - http://cydia.hackulo.us/ - Add source4. Tap Hackulo.us5. Tap miPatch Firmware 2.2.16. Install7. Open iTunes7.1 Buy a free app thro the app store on the iphone8. Double Click the cracked app9. Sync Iphonethat should do it!

Thanks for that, i jailbroke my iphone last week but didn't know how to get free apps from tha app store.

repped :thumbsup:

Original Poster

Didnt work for me, got the apps to show in iTunes, then i double clicked them and synced and there not on my phone

I think its coz my iPhone is linked the the original fella's iTunes account and i can not change it. Apple make everything so hard

Original Poster

Ok where you put double click the cracked app, what do you mean? On the PC in iTunes? I got facebook free app on the phone but it took alot of messing about to do it lol.

RuthIess;5238218

Ok where you put double click the cracked app, what do you mean? On the … Ok where you put double click the cracked app, what do you mean? On the PC in iTunes? I got facebook free app on the phone but it took alot of messing about to do it lol.

whereever you have the apps, ie:ipa files, you double click them and they automatically are added to itunes :thumbsup:

Original Poster

Yeah i have them in iTunes but there not going on my phone buddy!!!!

Have you installed the miPatch Firmware 2.2.1 ?

Original Poster

No mate im on 2.2 will it work? If so how do i do it?

[

RuthIess;5250339

No mate im on 2.2 will it work? If so how do i do it?

I'm on 2.2.1 and just follwed this and it worked :thumbsup:

marsland95l2cr;5237589

1. open cydia2. Manage - Sources - Edit - Add3. Type - … 1. open cydia2. Manage - Sources - Edit - Add3. Type - http://cydia.hackulo.us/ - Add source4. Tap Hackulo.us5. Tap miPatch Firmware 2.2.16. Install7. Open iTunes7.1 Buy a free app thro the app store on the iphone8. Double Click the cracked app9. Sync Iphonethat should do it!

Original Poster

Oh yeah i have done that and no luck

Think it only works for 2.2.1

Ok im just downloading stuff though Cydia until i get a way to download though the DVD!
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. miikeyblue and shabbird's (but mostly shabbird's) Tuesday night pub quiz!564056
    2. Leicester sack their manager!69
    3. The HUKD Student Discount code sharing thread (most codes on Unidays are si…7851474
    4. Missing the old HUKD for sale area.78

See more discussions