Expired

How do you get in contact with Yodel?

Found 16th Dec 2013
I'm trying to contact Yodel about a parcel that according to the online tracking service has been delivered but it hasn't. There doesn't seem to be anywhere at all on the yodel.co.uk website to contact them? I have tried phoning the 0800 number on the card and can't get through.

I received a card on the 12th saying they attempted to deliver, even though I was in all day. According to the tracking service they also attempted delivery on the 13th and 14th leaving a card both times which they didn't. Its now saying the parcel has been delivered which surprise surprise its not.
Community Updates
Ask
21 Comments
google yodel and type your area and you normally get the number for the local depot.
yodel are shocking to be fair
Found this post by HUKDmember MikeTheShiftyOne

Don't call there 10ppm 0830 number to be put thru to Salford - who will in actual fact to **** ALL for you... what to do is call this number I managed to get by pretending to be a BT Line Engineer (I was in a previous life ;P) This number gets you thru to their Liverpool Head Office. 0151 477 2725
I'm adding tag lines so people can find it on google.

YODEL PHONE NUMBER 0151 477 2725
YODEL HEAD OFFICE 01514772725
YODEL COMPLAINTS 0151 477 2725
YODEL CUSTOMER SERVICES 0151 477 2725
Look on say no to 0870 under dhl. Most of the old d h l deports were acquired by yodel. ( source ex night trunk lorry driver for dhl)
Beckyv1983

yodel are shocking to be fair

Yeah this isnt the first time I've had problems with them, they left an £80 order of dog food (few months supply before anyone starts wondering what on earth I'm feeding my dog ha) on my doorstep and it went walkies. Driver claimed it was signed for by someone named 'Jones' and it turned out it had been taken in by someone halfway down my street who worried about leaving it lying there, the driver had just dumped it and left.

Thanks everyone for the help I'll try those numbers now!
Have you checked the wheelie bin outside? ( No kidding this is were they have left my stuff in the past )
Terrible company they are, Just look on youtube for the way they handle packages.
garryhullah1

Have you checked the wheelie bin outside? ( No kidding this is were they … Have you checked the wheelie bin outside? ( No kidding this is were they have left my stuff in the past ) Terrible company they are, Just look on youtube for the way they handle packages.

We don't have a wheelie bin its a block of flats with one big shared bin (like the kind you see at festivals and outdoor events). Saying that I wouldn't put it past yodel to put it in there.
The annoying thing is I'm waiting on 3 different things being delivered so I don't even know which item it is that they're trying to deliver.
I don't blame the company. I blame some employes. I also had a similar experience to this last year (Yodel) and no issues since. On the 29th november a delivery man for Yodel appeared and said 'Here is your PS4 sir'. I also read about Hermes and again no issues for me as sometimes me and the driver have conversations. If the driver rings and no answer then he will come back later etc... If you get on with them they will help you out in anyway they can. UKMail: Good driver and Company. (My experience)
You're not in Glasgow are you? About five week ago I ordered 10kg cat food and a 10kg bag of cat litter from ZooPlus and the courier buzzed my buzzer (top flat of three) but IMMEDIATELY literaly within ONE second, buzzed another, so cutting mine off. I assumed they'd pressed the wrong buzzer and thought no more of it. The next day my ground floor neighbour came puffing up the stairs with the box. He said the courier told his wife that there was nobody in at my buzzer and made her take it. She couldnt even lift it indoors and had to leave it sitting outside their front door in the building. The courier very obviously did this just so he didn't have to carry the box up to my house. He is paid to deliver it but purposely didnt. A few days later a different courier appeared to say that the other courier hadnt got a signature and would I sign the handset thing. I said no and sent him off to let the other one know what I thought of him. I had another delivery the next day and asked if they were the Yodel courier re the cat food, and he said no, he was from Hermes. He then told me that three other people in my street had asked if he was from Yodel as they were all baying for the Yodel courier's blood. Two had had parcels dumped outside their doors with no card or anything, despite one having complained before after a parcel disappeared.

Fast forward to today - buzzer went. Within two seconds, they buzzed another one in the building (yes the ground floor flat) so cutting mine off. I opened my front door and shouted down. Sure enough... Yodel courier up to his tricks. Did not look happy that he had to walk up two flights of stairs (fit, healthy look man about 30 ). I asked was it him that dumped my Zooplus order a few weeks ago and he baldly stated yes it was and that he is doing what he can to get through his deliveries. I pointed out that he hadnt given me (or any human) enough time to get to the intercom and he replied "well you can just shout down the building again can't you?" Rude man.

Moral of the story - if you have another option don't use Yodel. Hermes and Parcelforce have been lovely.

(thank you for the opportunity to rant / vent )
AJ92

I don't blame the company. I blame some employes. I also had a similar … I don't blame the company. I blame some employes. I also had a similar experience to this last year (Yodel) and no issues since. On the 29th november a delivery man for Yodel appeared and said 'Here is your PS4 sir'. I also read about Hermes and again no issues for me as sometimes me and the driver have conversations. If the driver rings and no answer then he will come back later etc... If you get on with them they will help you out in anyway they can. UKMail: Good driver and Company. (My experience)

Yes that's very true. However, I complained to Yodel, and absolutely nothing was done. I was treated like a nuisance. And the same courier is doing this round. So, I DO therefore blame the company.
I ordered an xbox one from Argos and someone at yodel has stolen it
therealslimkaty

Yes that's very true. However, I complained to Yodel, and absolutely … Yes that's very true. However, I complained to Yodel, and absolutely nothing was done. I was treated like a nuisance. And the same courier is doing this round. So, I DO therefore blame the company.

My experience was the same and i must have called more than 6 times after 3 attempted redeliveries until i just gave up and at around 6pm i called and was angry on the phone to them that they said they would email the depot saying immediate delivery is required. I hear my buzzer at 10.30pm. Now they bring my package. Driver just looked at me and said 'sorry :|' haha.
Ive had loads of problems with them. I was waiting for a birthday present that i needed to take somewhere that evening. I waited in. Got an email saying we couldnt deliver your parcel because you were not in we have left a card. They didnt and i had been in all day, I managed to get through to the depot and kicked off so much that they sent the manager out with my delivery at 4.30pm!!!

One year i had my boots parcel arrive partly opened with an amazon box shoved inside it with empty i pod nano case inside!!! obviously someone had stolen it and hid the packaging inside. I called boots and it seemed this had been happening a lot!
I cant say I've had any good experiences with Yodel. I do what I can to avoid using them, sadly a necessary evil at times.

My most recent upset with them. Delivery within 24hours of dispatch by 7pm on that next day to me. Then watch as the amazing how my parcel manages to not be delivered until 8pm, 25hours late. I didn't bother asking for an excuse.

Previously I lived in a 4th floor apartment and the elevator is on the other side to the deliveries entrance, yodel delivery driver buzzes the intercom, I buzz him in and say come on up, a few minutes later (even I manage the stairs in about 90seconds on a slow walk up). Wondering where the guy is I head out to the landing, sure enough, I look down and there's the driver stood in the entrance way having not bothered to move an inch to deliver a box with a hard drive inside to my door. I got the impression that time, that this is why people don't get deliveries from Yodel as after opening the vans door and getting the parcel out they have a counter to allow them to open one more entrance ie peoples gates before the parcel has to be handed to someone or dumped.

My final bad experience was one of my first. The road I lived on had two ends that had been bisected by a BT exchange being built in the middle years ago, but both ends had retained the same name and the remaining. The driver had missed the delivery slot as seems to be usual with Yodel, the next day the drivers excuse when asked by my other half the drivers excuse was he was in the other end of the street and could not find the lower numbers where my home was. Interesting that he seemed to think that once it went 42, 41, 40 and ended in a chain link fence that numbers 39 and lower must just not exist. While partly true as they got demolished for the exchange if you have a parcel with number 7 on it you'd tend to think it's not been demolished overnight and a 30year old building erected in it's place.
Edited by: "Astec123" 16th Dec 2013
therealslimkaty

You're not in Glasgow are you? About five week ago I ordered 10kg cat … You're not in Glasgow are you? About five week ago I ordered 10kg cat food and a 10kg bag of cat litter from ZooPlus and the courier buzzed my buzzer (top flat of three) but IMMEDIATELY literaly within ONE second, buzzed another, so cutting mine off. I assumed they'd pressed the wrong buzzer and thought no more of it. The next day my ground floor neighbour came puffing up the stairs with the box. He said the courier told his wife that there was nobody in at my buzzer and made her take it. She couldnt even lift it indoors and had to leave it sitting outside their front door in the building. The courier very obviously did this just so he didn't have to carry the box up to my house. He is paid to deliver it but purposely didnt. A few days later a different courier appeared to say that the other courier hadnt got a signature and would I sign the handset thing. I said no and sent him off to let the other one know what I thought of him. I had another delivery the next day and asked if they were the Yodel courier re the cat food, and he said no, he was from Hermes. He then told me that three other people in my street had asked if he was from Yodel as they were all baying for the Yodel courier's blood. Two had had parcels dumped outside their doors with no card or anything, despite one having complained before after a parcel disappeared. Fast forward to today - buzzer went. Within two seconds, they buzzed another one in the building (yes the ground floor flat) so cutting mine off. I opened my front door and shouted down. Sure enough... Yodel courier up to his tricks. Did not look happy that he had to walk up two flights of stairs (fit, healthy look man about 30 ). I asked was it him that dumped my Zooplus order a few weeks ago and he baldly stated yes it was and that he is doing what he can to get through his deliveries. I pointed out that he hadnt given me (or any human) enough time to get to the intercom and he replied "well you can just shout down the building again can't you?" Rude man.Moral of the story - if you have another option don't use Yodel. Hermes and Parcelforce have been lovely. (thank you for the opportunity to rant / vent )

Yes I am, probably the same guy! I'm on the ground floor and I still don't manage to catch them because they seem to have an aversion to buzzing at all with my address. Seems like a lot of people have issues with them! I agree the hermes driver we get is lovely
Trouble is at this time of year most major couriers employ agency staff and expect way to mutch of them. For example many moons ago as a youngster I worked agency for parcel force. And was given a van with 70 drops in Aberystwyth a area I did not know. Supervisors reaction was don't worry you will get by. But then when you bring 30 drops back it's a diffrent attitude . Not all but most of the story's of stuff in wheels bins will probably have been committed by agency drivers who are so eager to hit targets to stay in the job that they do anything like false signing and leaving stuff in bins and out on doorsteps. So whilst there are no excuses take into account that the guy delivering who does not seem too have too minutes to live probably does not. And is just trying to put food on the table for his family this Christmas.
sparky111091

Yes I am, probably the same guy! I'm on the ground floor and I still … Yes I am, probably the same guy! I'm on the ground floor and I still don't manage to catch them because they seem to have an aversion to buzzing at all with my address. Seems like a lot of people have issues with them! I agree the hermes driver we get is lovely

Probably is! I'm in Scotstoun and it was a tallish dour faced guy with short dark hair and facial stubble. I got no "sorry" or anything, just a confrontational "tough luck" attitude.

To the other posters, Yodel couriers would appear to be a bunch of lazy nincompoops.
Have you check your back yard? sometime they throw the parcel at the back yard. Happen to my housemate parcel a few times.
firefox1278

Have you check your back yard? sometime they throw the parcel at the back … Have you check your back yard? sometime they throw the parcel at the back yard. Happen to my housemate parcel a few times.

I would hazard a guess that the person might live in flats that only have a communal back area not accessable from the back. But good grief throwing it into a backyard? Imagine it was a crystal decanter and glasses or something!
I've always used Twitter
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants