How do you get music files back that you mistakenly deleted from your trash!

10 replies
Found 15th Dec 2008
As above really - trying to be dead clever the other day I used a program to delete duplicate music files, forgetting that itunes needs the files to play!
Does anyone know how I can find them and put them back onto itunes (pref a free way)

Cheers

8 Comments

system restore?

Sheep87;3773564

system restore?

That wont work. There are recovery programs but to be honest they are hit and miss.

Sheep87;3773564

system restore?

don't think this would work,only restores the sytem not files, if they are in your recycle bin just take them out, if not you would need another program to search your HD and restore them, but this doesn't always work.

you would need to make sure you stop using the drive you deleted stuff from eg do not make a new folder or txt doc etc and run a recovery program

use this recuva.com/ download it to a drive you know you did not delete stuff from and install this program to somewhere other than the drive you deleted stuff from.

If you cannot avoid downloading and installing it to a drive you know you deleted files from you can still run it just the chances of it working to the best of it's ability is affected by things like drive usage after deleting files

Banned

Send me a list and I'll get them for you and upload them on to my server :thumbsup:

Banned

sounds basic but have you checked your recycle bin

unless you empty it stuff stays in there for a while

Original Poster

dontasciime;3773599

you would need to make sure you stop using the drive you deleted stuff … you would need to make sure you stop using the drive you deleted stuff from eg do not make a new folder or txt doc etc and run a recovery programuse this http://www.recuva.com/ download it to a drive you know you did not delete stuff from and install this program to somewhere other than the drive you deleted stuff from.If you cannot avoid downloading and installing it to a drive you know you deleted files from you can still run it just the chances of it working to the best of it's ability is affected by things like drive usage after deleting files

Thanks for that. I tried it out and it seemed to recover a fair few of the tunes - just got to get around to naming them all again! rep added

Thanks to everyone else as well

never_waz;3792860

Thanks for that. I tried it out and it seemed to recover a fair few of … Thanks for that. I tried it out and it seemed to recover a fair few of the tunes - just got to get around to naming them all again! rep addedThanks to everyone else as well

Your welcome
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Without giving away your age, name three things that remind you of when you…46102
    2. Happy Bandi Chorr Diwas and Happy Diwali!1316
    3. word association Game74244908
    4. The never ending counting with pictures thread !4604806

See more discussions