Groups
    EXPIRED

How do you get sticky tape off laminate flooring??

How do you get double sided sticky tape off laminate flooring, put it down to stop rug slipping........ Tried washing up liquid, turps, still no joy...

Any ideas anyone???

33 Comments

Try something oily like baby oil or cooking oil , put some on cotton wool and give it a good rub:)

Surely hot cloth left ontop for a while and rubbed off?

Mayonaise, trust me, leave it to soak in for a bit, then give it a rub and it should come off

Banned

WD40

I use a little bit of nail varnish remover on a piece of cotton wool, works a treat

nail varnish remover

http://www.powertools-china.com/images/ElectricSander_7262.jpg

Adam2050

Surely hot cloth left ontop for a while and rubbed off?

/\ This /\

Melt the glue with a cloth dipped in hot water. It's how I get annoying stickers off the front of DVD cases.

I usually use lighter fluid for that

Petrol.

ChipSticks

even this, but use it gently & dont forget health & safety, googles,gloves & ear-defenders.

http://www.accessplant.co.uk/users/www.accessplant.co.uk/upload/kango%20950.jpg
    Edited by: "richp" 1st Oct 2010

nail varnish remover or a little bit of white spirit will break down the glue

g1bbuk

Petrol.

Cheese

DLM

WD40

^^This.

Banned

imafish2002

^^This.

It is good on most things.

baby wipes they clean tons!

Either methylated spirits or smooth peanut butter -Yes really!

Leave it on for 5 minutes then rub it off - the tiny gritty bits are very softly abrasive.

[Works for taking chewing gum out of kids' hair too. - the peanut butter that is]

Banned

I think OP wants to remove double sided sticky tape, not just the glue, that will come later once the tape has bee removed.

Edited by: "slamdunkin" 1st Oct 2010

Banned

solvent cleaner, the one we use to clean pvcu windows

Use a hair dryer to soften glue and remove tape. Then WD40 for any remaining residue.

Banned

Hair dryer sounds good.

Paper towel with tea towel over the top. Iron over. The tape will stick to the paper towel and come away, repeat untill most removed. Works with wax too. Then removed residue with baby wipes or hairspray.

Banned

Shellywelly

Paper towel with tea towel over the top. Iron over. The tape will stick … Paper towel with tea towel over the top. Iron over. The tape will stick to the paper towel and come away, repeat untill most removed. Works with wax too. Then removed residue with baby wipes or hairspray.

I wouldn't risk this....Much less chance of causing damage if you use convection rather than conduction.

slamdunkin

I wouldn't risk this....Much less chance of causing damage if you use … I wouldn't risk this....Much less chance of causing damage if you use convection rather than conduction.

I've done it my self for both sticky tape and wax. Was fine. Hence why you use the towel on top!!!!

Rip the floor up and turn it over.

Tried a scraper (tenderly)

Cillit bang
    works a treat for removing the stickiness.
    I use it all the time when i encounter sellotape on windows.

mayonnaise worked great on my pergo floors. I can't believe how well and easy. Judy

JudyMerrily

mayonnaise worked great on my pergo floors. I can't believe how well and … mayonnaise worked great on my pergo floors. I can't believe how well and easy. Judy

http://media2.giphy.com/media/qKCCeIPDu9IZi/giphy.gif

Top class thread grave digging

JudyMerrily

mayonnaise worked great on my pergo floors. I can't believe how well and … mayonnaise worked great on my pergo floors. I can't believe how well and easy. Judy

Hopefully after more than three years the op has got it off now

Thank you cooking oil did the trick:: great

I tried all systems mentioned with no joy,
    What I did find that worked was gently rub washing up liquid onto the glue left by the tape,then apply a steamer.
    The washing up liquid neutralizes the glue so you don't end up chasing it along the floor.
    After removal of most of the glue with a scraper use a little more washing up liquid and scourer to finish job.
    good luck

MrGrumpyman

Mayonaise, trust me, leave it to soak in for a bit, then give it a rub … Mayonaise, trust me, leave it to soak in for a bit, then give it a rub and it should come off

O.M.G CANT BELIEVE HOW GREAT THIS IDEA WORKED,FLOOR LOOKING LIKE NEW THANKS
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767413
      2. [Xbox] 6 Months Xbox Live For £14.99 (When Purchasing Selected Games At Ama…36
      3. Does anyone have a Sky voucher code that they wont use?45
      4. 75% off Sky TV for existing customers. Only works when you call the specifi…17876390

See more discussions