How do you get through to someone on Halifax's new automated system?!?!?

7 replies
Found 7th May 2009
I have been on the phone for 10 minutes pressing all the options and they all seem to be input this, or to confirm this press one, I cannot actually get through and speak to someone. Does anyone know an option that I can press so I can get through to a real person, it's an 0845 number so it's costing me *&^*&^*&^ money!!!!

PS I'm a little frustrated if you couldn't tell!!

1. Misc
  2. Halifax
7 Comments

usually if you press 0 or the hash key it puts you through to an advisor

Original Poster

Thank you both for your help, will try it now, I tried the hash and star but they didn't recognise it.

also...isnt there an alternate number on say no to 0870 that takes you to the same place????
saynoto0870.com/com…php

If you don't press anything most of those automated lines put you through to a real person.you just wait.

which number is it your using?

Original Poster

I used the 08457203040 number, and I found what you have to do- you have to press option on the main menu whereas I was pressing option 1 as it's "exsisting bank account holders" whereas option 5 is to talk about bank accounts. Stupid halifax. Grrrr. And I've sorted what I needed to thank you all xxxxxx

jeany123;5149061

If you don't press anything most of those automated lines put you … If you don't press anything most of those automated lines put you through to a real person.you just wait.

Thats what I do, and then you say to the person on the other end of the phone that you dont have a touch-tone phone - they will put you through to the right department and it usually bypasses queues as well
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Topcashback Trick or Treat competition73812
    2. Win a villa holiday for two in Portugal with Four Seasons Fairways @ Sunday…77
    3. Magazine competitions - Issue 43 @ tvchoicemagazine.co.uk22
    4. Win an all-inclusive holiday to Antigua, including flights!66

See more discussions