How do you give calpol to a toddler?

Found 2nd Jan 2010
Seriously, he shuts his mouth, spits, his hands are everywhere and he kicks your hand with the spoon, lmao. Is there like a technique to this?

43 Comments

Headlock, only way if they struggle. It's for the best

one of those syringy things is best imo

Babbabooey

Headlock, only way if they struggle. It's for the best

hahahaaaaaaaaaaa least you had the balls to say it X)

Banned

as a lad id try drink calpol

Duct tape them to the chair first

hold his nose , when he opens his mouth to breath - swoop

Taser, masking tape and a syringe

Sloth/Mod

Bribery i find works best.

In our house its generally a two man job! I think my other half has tried to give him medicine when hes sleeping.
Edited by: "leecroot" 2nd Jan 2010

choc1969

Taser, masking tape and a syringe

he said give a kid calpol not give moo.............................

like you would a dog, hide it in their food, wait until they spit it out then ram it in holding the jaws closed....

or in a shot glass via the eyeball....
Edited by: "aardvarking" 2nd Jan 2010

Or if none of the above work....stick the kid in the shed

my oh mum used to put a little bit of suger on the spoon and it worked. we have since discovered junior parapaed an alternative to calpol and my lo loves it and asks for more but still wont touch calpol lol

michelleleemoo

he said give a kid calpol not give moo.............................

wouldn't be calpol hunny

choc1969

wouldn't be calpol hunny

ooooh sugar

You can get syringes (obviously ones with out needle) health visitor/doctors should be able to sort them for you. Use to give son calpol like that, he's great with it now. 4 month old daughter has to have it like that as well

the other way around it is to mix it up in a glass of milk which also worked with my lo

sit on him lol

+100

michelleleemoo

michelleleemoo

This for sure

Suppository

my DD loves calpol, she does a fake cough and asks me for medicine lol

jellybaby22

My 8 year old is the same

i remember once she threw up in the night i mean vommed everywhere it bloody stunk.....and she was asking for medicine inbetween crying lol

Banned

Syringe

Some stupid comments in this thread that aren't remotely amusing

I'm saying syringe but my baby has none of that and I have to dip her dummy in the calpol and do it that way. Takes me yonks to do it but needs must

+101

shamus1975

+100

First time with a toddler?

ODB_69

SyringeSome stupid comments in this thread that aren't remotely amusing

[img]t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR_j4CGtBpZiqiDAlasGegjPbgodZ3RfBozbSe1iZTv6tCspw4x0g[/img]

nikkib123

I'm saying syringe but my baby has none of that and I have to dip her … I'm saying syringe but my baby has none of that and I have to dip her dummy in the calpol and do it that way. Takes me yonks to do it but needs must

i cant stop laughing at your avi X)

ilovepink

i cant stop laughing at your avi X)

I don't know who's is funnier mine or yours!

X)
X)

You get a syringe with nurofen for infants. And not a proper needle either for the ill-educated

You get the syringes from the pharmacist / chemist. Definitely the easiest way.

Calpol is paracetamol, not a sedative, cough medicine or magic cure all.
Nurofen is Ibuprofen, used for the same reasons.

my little boy love's medicine any kind it does'nt matter, the other day my little girl was'nt feeling well so i gave her calpol, my little boy came running over with a slight limp i said " whats wrong?" he said "my leg herts" i knew he was just saying it for some calpol too, so i gave him a tiny bit, he said " i want more" i said" thats enough it's only your leg" he said " but my other leg herts now!" lmao

nikkib123

I'm saying syringe but my baby has none of that and I have to dip her … I'm saying syringe but my baby has none of that and I have to dip her dummy in the calpol and do it that way. Takes me yonks to do it but needs must

For our litle 'uns, we used just the teat off a feeding bottle. Get 'em sucking and pour the medicine into the back of the teat. Worked a treat.

We found the best one was the orange syringe you get free in the kids nurofen, good luck!

Banned

syringe and some chocolate,the only way!

Mine loves calpol! Even asks for more. I use a syringe.

Some_Bloke

For our litle 'uns, we used just the teat off a feeding bottle. Get 'em … For our litle 'uns, we used just the teat off a feeding bottle. Get 'em sucking and pour the medicine into the back of the teat. Worked a treat.

I breastfeed though, so this would mean me dipping my boobs in the calpol X)

One of the syringe things are the best as people have said, we don't have any trouble giving our two tear old any medicine, he lives it, even when we have to give him ten puffs of his inhaler

the syringe works best-BUT- if your little one is a birrov a terror, then bub will surely spit it out- the best way i find, for a stubborn bub, is to put one finger between his teeth slighly overlapping the tongue to ensure mouth stays open and there's a gap there to stick the syringe in, and then take the syring down the side of the mouth and shoot the medicine in (in small outbursts, mind) - this way, bub can't stop the medicine going down and has to swallow as he's unable to close the entryway to his throat/mouth as your finger is in there..

hope that makes sense(!)
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Quidco Snow me the money Competition841121
    2. Magazine competitions - Issue 45 @ tvchoicemagazine.co.uk1717
    3. Win Longines Ladies Watch worth £117044
    4. Ending: 03/12 - A giveaway for a £175 Freedom To Exist Watch12

See more discussions