How do you make a claim for lost parcel as a sender? [Royal Mail]

14 replies
Found 7th Jan 2010
How do you make a claim for lost parcel as a sender?

Any help would be apreciated.

Was sent about 2 months ago.

14 Comments

who was it sent with?

Original Poster

CuteKitty26;7455904

who was it sent with?

apologies Royal mail, with just proof of postage.:)

you need to goto the post office and get a compensation form, you'll need proof of postage for this and also evidence of how much the item is worth that you posted. i've had to do this in the past and the post office were surprisingly fast at paying out. hope this helps

i filled mine in online (then had to print it off and post form) but it was sent recorded delivery

I think you have to go to the post office though with yours ..

Original Poster

missp27;7455933

you need to goto the post office and get a compensation form, you'll need … you need to goto the post office and get a compensation form, you'll need proof of postage for this and also evidence of how much the item is worth that you posted. i've had to do this in the past and the post office were surprisingly fast at paying out. hope this helps

CuteKitty26;7455964

i filled mine in online (then had to print it off and post form) but it … i filled mine in online (then had to print it off and post form) but it was sent recorded deliveryI think you have to go to the post office though with yours ..

No where to do it online?

the only place i can find online is after you put in the tracking number from a recorded delivery item (like i had to) but then the info is about that recorded delivery item only...

Banned

i had trouble finding it online, its well hidden, i phoned rm and they said to fill it out online, even she couldnt find it on there own website, found it eventually, you need the proof of postage ( original ) il presume you have lol

Sloth/Mod

If it was a eBay parcel Adam then you need to also include all the info from the auction as well such as final price, payment details etc all printed out. Right pain in the ass.

Original Poster

dj_urban;7456128

i had trouble finding it online, its well hidden, i phoned rm and they … i had trouble finding it online, its well hidden, i phoned rm and they said to fill it out online, even she couldnt find it on there own website, found it eventually, you need the proof of postage ( original ) il presume you have lol

Link?

Syzable;7456147

If it was a eBay parcel Adam then you need to also include all the info … If it was a eBay parcel Adam then you need to also include all the info from the auction as well such as final price, payment details etc all printed out. Right pain in the ass.

Now it was for an item on here.

I will print all that out too.

Link to downloadable form;

[url]ftp://ftp.royalmail.com/Downloads/public/ctf/rm/Inland_P58_form_English_09.pdf[/url]

Original Poster

dj_urban;7456259

http://www.royalmail.com/portal/rm/content2?catId=69800733&mediaId=80300735

Repped. Cheers DJ.

If you give them the ebay item details don't they just refund you the profit you got?

Original Poster

Update: Parcel came back with basically the user didn't come pick it up after failed del.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Consumer Rights - Wrong Description of Fridge610
    2. Advice on selling an iPhone?67
    3. Best way to get to Alton towers from north west, or by train, coach etc11
    4. How to switch between open apps on an Android box22

See more discussions