How do you make a ps3 work with a dell studio 17 laptop with a hdmi port with a hdmi cable?

7 replies
Found 20th Jun 2009
Tried it and don't know how to make it work....

6 Comments

I would have thought the HDMI on a laptop was for OUTPUTfrom the laptop and not INPUT!!

lol i think the hdmi port on your lappy is an OUT not IN

Banned

the port on your laptop is to connect it to a display which can accept a HDMI connection. If there is a sticker which states that it's FULL HD on your laptop, then you need to set the output to the external display (if it can display full HD of course), you normally do this by pressing the FN+F7, or something similar, it depends on the make of the laptop etc. I don't have a Dell, my Sony requires me to press FN+F7.

enigmatic2u;5544112

the port on your laptop is to connect it to a display which can accept a … the port on your laptop is to connect it to a display which can accept a HDMI connection. If there is a sticker which states that it's FULL HD on your laptop, then you need to set the output to the external display (if it can display full HD of course), you normally do this by pressing the FN+F7, or something similar, it depends on the make of the laptop etc. I don't have a Dell, my Sony requires me to press FN+F7.

I don't think this will help. He/she wants to input his PS3 onto the laptop screen.

Banned

as opposed to saying what exactly? You can't plug a playstation to a laptop! They might as well know about it, and perhaps at the same time, understand what the hdmi port on the laptop is for.

Banned

thesaint;5544157

I don't think this will help. He/she wants to input his PS3 onto the … I don't think this will help. He/she wants to input his PS3 onto the laptop screen.

as opposed to saying what exactly? You can't plug a playstation to a laptop! They might as well know about it, and perhaps at the same time, understand what the hdmi port on the laptop is for.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7769259
    2. Misco about to go into administration912
    3. EA shuts down Visceral Games.67
    4. Sell old Lego by the kilo.33

See more discussions