Groups

How do you make text into a link?

....how do you make a link so that instead of the link showing up as being clickable, it comes up with a clickable word instead that takes you to the required link. eg. "funny", "youtube" etc that when you click it it will take you to the video you are wanting people to go to.

Thanks

17 Comments

just put www. infront of it if its large go to

[url]www.tinyurl.com[/url]

copy and paste the url

Original Poster

i mean like where you put a link in this forum and it will say "click" and it will be blue and underlined but you click on it and it will take you to play.com or something instead of having the link play.com/...….... being clickable

Original Poster

sorry if im not explaining myself well.

highlight the word and click [COLOR=#000000]http://www.hotukdeals.com/forums/images/editor/createlink.gif[/COLOR]

]cheese

highlight the word you want to hyperlink, then click http://www.hotukdeals.com/forums/images/editor/createlink.gif, paste the link into the box and click ok.

In the quick reply box, type some text, highlight it, click on the icon that has the world with a chain link on it, a box pops up, type in the link OK

Or if you acually want to larn something.....
    yu have to type [ url= then in this space you put your link] the you write some thing here like "Click me" then you put [ /url]

Obviously I have added in the space between [ and url ] as if not then it would have just done it as a clicky link, lol.

Mike..

come on mr potato head we r all waiting for this link and it better be funny :thumbsup:

Original Poster

ok i dont have a link but look at this ]Amazon

Hilarious

Original Poster

woow im learning! thanks everyone

woment would fall at my feet????
    thats cuz theyd fall over laughing

ive got 200 posts now whahoo

Original Poster

and what a great 200th post it was

can u do the linky thing alright now

Original Poster

used the button

Original Poster

although i am interested in html coding.. i do want to learn it at some point

]testing

thanks so much, always wanted to know how to do that

Banned

Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. GTX 1070 went out and old card won't work either.11
      2. Good Sim only deals??57
      3. Digital ps4 games22
      4. BT FIBRE EXISTING CUSTOMER45

See more discussions