How do you mod an xbox 360 without chipping it?

As the title says, I have an older 360 without hdmi, is their any way to mod this to play anything without opening it up?

11 Comments

Nope.

Banned

MarzBarz

Nope.

This. you don't need a chip though.

Original Poster

haha! softmod

Banned

You need to employ the "360 jumpstart method", same as you would with a car but to 360 instead. The electricity will force a kernel restart which overrides the copy protection and allows you to play anything.

Original Poster

master_chief

You need to employ the "360 jumpstart method", same as you would with a … You need to employ the "360 jumpstart method", same as you would with a car but to 360 instead. The electricity will force a kernel restart which overrides the copy protection and allows you to play anything.

any sources on how to do this?

Cue face palm

master_chief

You need to employ the "360 jumpstart method", same as you would with a … You need to employ the "360 jumpstart method", same as you would with a car but to 360 instead. The electricity will force a kernel restart which overrides the copy protection and allows you to play anything.

Chrissieboy

any sources on how to do this?

sancho1983

Cue face palm

http://www.gogaminggiant.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/07/facepalm.jpg
Edited by: "Starr" 5th Sep 2010

Original Poster

hmmm... i'm getting that feeling now! live and learn

Banned

Chrissieboy

hmmm... i'm getting that feeling now! live and learn

Yeah sorry, it was a bit mean of me.

No you can't mod without opening it. The PS3 has just been hacked with a usb device so maybe that's an avenue you may want to consider.
Modding a 360 is really easy (in most cases) if you have a PC. If you don't or are really not confident with computers then everyone knows someone who does them these days. Expect to pay £20 or so.

I've just bought a modded one, wish I'd waited and got a PS3 now

Original Poster

USB, PS Jailbreak.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7763935
    2. Xbox One X pre order £449.99 @ Game (out 9th Nov)2450
    3. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846080
    4. Cheapo tips for around the home. Aka "life hacks"2031

See more discussions