How do YOU pronounce "CeX"

Found 19th Jan 2011
Was talking about this place with my friends the other day (complaining how sh*t it is) and I noticed they were pronouncing it "kex" whereas I was saying C.E.X. -- saying each letter separately.

Think I've heard someone pronounce it "sex" as well lol
Community Updates
Misc
38 Comments
Thats a good question and always wondered myself lol. I say sex.
I just say sex.

For example "Mum im going to give my phone to sex "
Edited by: "Hash112" 19th Jan 2011
C.
EX.

or

C.
E.
X.

IT stands for Computer eXchange..
Edited by: "t0mm" 19th Jan 2011
According to Wiki - CeX (the C correctly pronounced as an S but sometimes incorrectly as a K)
kex as in underpants?
C E X for me
"kex" makes no sense at all! I would say c.e.x. or possibly sex.
Banned
i just say sex.
"Rubbish"
sex or c.e.x when people look at you strangely
Civic EG6

kex as in underpants?

+1
Charlie Scene

sex or c.e.x when people look at you strangely

If you insist.
chesso

If you insist.

oh i insist
C E X ..
Charlie Scene

If you insist.[/quote]oh i insist

So who are these people who look at you strangely?

Should be worth a few points.;)
Edited by: "chesso" 19th Jan 2011
i always says sex i get some funny looks cos not many ppl have heard of it we dont have one local
chesso

Prounciation?

No need to shout....
did you went into sex shop for a game exchange?
dcx_badass

did went you school

dude it meant to be a joke.and by the way were you performing pole dancing in school that you ask me that question
One word, three letters
pronounced :
c as in cat
e as in egg
x as in x
Edited by: "chesso" 20th Jan 2011
addjon, you took the wrong direction X)

http://www.goofysnaps.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/03/schoolsthisway-450x300.jpg&t=1

just kidding
Marina

addjon, you took the wrong direction X)just kidding

helo sweti how are you by the way didn't saw you for few days and yeh i need to go to school............for kicking bad...a**,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,no offence
woah!
Jumpingphil

How stupid are you?Your sentence should of begined wiv a capitol dee and … How stupid are you?Your sentence should of begined wiv a capitol dee and endud wiv a qwesthun mark.

take that you bad.......butt
Marina

woah!

??????????????
sea - eee - ex

I say sex, and I love calling it that.

I dunno, colour me mature.
Like it really matters?
would still say C E X as already stated its an abbreviation of Computer Exchange.... nothing else you can shorten it to .. saying sex is just stoopid
I have never heard of it?
Hhhhhm feel like I am missing out on some seriously good cex.
Banned
Worked there many a moon ago. Was told either C.E.X or sex was fine. Never heard anyone say "kex", that's just plain wrong!
Edited by: "master_chief" 20th Jan 2011
master_chief

Worked there many a moon ago. Was told either C.E.X or sex was fine. … Worked there many a moon ago. Was told either C.E.X or sex was fine. Never heard anyone say "kex", that's just plain wrong!

Kex are pants (trousers) where I come from.
I have thought this too. I always call it Sex
However i went into gamestation to see if they would price match when they asked what store i pointed to it on a piece of paper and they wouldnt as there was a C..... ex store near enough.
C....ex
but i still call it sex.
Sea Eeeee Xxxxx
U think its called sex cos half the people that work in there never had sex cos they smell so much?

I worked there for ~2years
It is called SEX, and is meant to be a pun.
If you want to be polite say see - ex, as in computer exchange.

We backroymned it to computer entertainment exchange c.e.x but no one used this or liked it.

When we used to have a customer service line the recorded message said "hello and welcome to sex" so when my friend and I used to answer the phone at work we would giggle and say "Bradford sex shop, Marisa and Gemma here, how can we help you~" most customers would get flustered and hangup. hahahah.

zerowing

U think its called sex cos half the people that work in there never had … U think its called sex cos half the people that work in there never had sex cos they smell so much?

Oi! I don't know which store you are talking about but not the case in the ones I saw.

Oh and we laughed at anyone who called it Kex and used to make fun of them, presuming they were illiterate chavs.
Was at a houseparty a while ago and someone called it Kex and then about 4 ex employees from over the years spoke up their rage, it was weird none of us knew each other yet all shared the same working in the ****-exchange history.

Edited by: "princessrisi" 20th Jan 2011
Im a sex man myself.

A friend who worked there for 3 months calls it C E X.

Maybe we should all go back to calling it Computer Exchange. That way there will be no future problems when you tell your girlfriend you are going to the local sex shop.
I call it "Emo outleft"

My friend calls it Kex

Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants