Groups

How do you repair a scratch on car rear windscreen?

I have a 10-15cm scratch on my rear windscreen?!!!!

Can it be repaired?

11 Comments

call auto-glass?

Go to the shop where they repair them.

Original Poster

Thanks for the above 2 replies ....... :roll:

I was hoping for a DIY solution to be honest.

you can use the scratch repair liquid like t-cut, and get rid of it as you would do for a scratch on bodywrok. BUT although you can get rid of the scratch, there will stil l be a slight blurriness to the area. start with the weakest formula first, then build up in strength till the scratch goes, then apply the finer grade solution until the glass is clear and smooth again BUT as I said, its best left ot the pro's to get the best finish unfortunately. Shouldnt cost very much to do it though

On your Type-R? :x

Original Poster

Naeem786;4131335

On your Type-R? :x

YEP !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Had a major clean the wknd and i noticed it when polishing the glass. Gutted :-(:cry:

smithyp1;4131355

YEP !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Had a major clean the wknd and i noticed it … YEP !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Had a major clean the wknd and i noticed it when polishing the glass. Gutted :-(:cry:

Gutted...Best would be to get it filled at a proper place but dont know if they can with rear as with all the lines in int?

Original Poster

Naeem786;4131376

Gutted...Best would be to get it filled at a proper place but dont know … Gutted...Best would be to get it filled at a proper place but dont know if they can with rear as with all the lines in int?

Apparently i need to get some diamond paste from a double glazing firm and that does the trick.

Needs to be done carefully but will give it a go.

FGS dont call autoglass ,I have a friend works for them and the quoted me £530 for a Vectra windshield,So i rang my mate and he got one from same supplier and fitted it for £65

I've never tried this, so don't blame me if it doesn't work - but I wonder if one of those CD repair kits would do the trick? :oops:

dink;4136613

I've never tried this, so don't blame me if it doesn't work - but I … I've never tried this, so don't blame me if it doesn't work - but I wonder if one of those CD repair kits would do the trick? :oops:

Good thinking but cd's are plastic so probably wouldnt work too well.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …911
      2. Who's getting the Xbox X Scorpio? 60 day satisfaction55
      3. Aloha! Flamedeer Vacation is LIVE (until August 28th at 5pm)77
      4. So, whose already pre-ordered a Scorpio and where from?1646

See more discussions