Expired

How do you reserve the price at CEX online for in-store?

Found 23rd Mar 2013
From time to time I have seen people say they reserve the price of an item they want to sell to CEX online - so that the price is guaranteed for them in-store for the next day or two. I just wondered if anyone knows how to do this?

I am having a clear out and want to sell a few of my old games to them and would like to reserve the prices before I pop down tomorrow but I'm not sure how or if I can do this.

Thank you if anyone can let me know!
Community Updates
AskPrice Glitch
7 Comments
Prices are updated overnight, so if you check online in the morning the prices will be the same for that day.
Banned
Talis

Prices are updated overnight, so if you check online in the morning the … Prices are updated overnight, so if you check online in the morning the prices will be the same for that day.

not true.

I checked CEX price once, was like ok I'm going to town to trade in stuff, checked 10 minutes later, just before leaving and trade-in price dropped by 10%.

I was like wtf?
Original Poster
BA11

not true.I checked CEX price once, was like ok I'm going to town to trade … not true.I checked CEX price once, was like ok I'm going to town to trade in stuff, checked 10 minutes later, just before leaving and trade-in price dropped by 10%.I was like wtf?

That's made me even more worried about the prices dropping! I wanted to trade-in a pair of headphones, looked up the day before and they were offering £12, checked the next day and they were down to £8. That's why I wanted to try and 'reserve' the price before making my way down with a bag full of games. Some are only worth a few pounds, but I just thought it would be good to reserve them seeing how their prices seem to constantly change.
Cant you complete the order online, print the order details and take to the store..?
Original Poster
t3rm3y

Cant you complete the order online, print the order details and take to … Cant you complete the order online, print the order details and take to the store..?

Oh I wasn't sure I could do that - I thought I'd have to enter my payment details and be required to send my items by post (like Amazon trades). I've only traded one thing in to CEX instore yesterday so it's all new to me.

I've just confirmed the order - it says in the email that CEX will honour the price for 5 days - so I guess that must be what other people were referring to. Hopefully they will honour the prices when I go in. Thank you!
go onto cex game store at peckam then reserve it . tun up. people:)
How do I reserve?
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants