How do you set up a PS3 toa wireless router to play games???

17 replies
Found 30th Dec 2009
do you need anything else other than the router and ps3? or do u just need to set it up with the password etc? TIA

16 Comments

just set your ps3 to scan pick out your router then enter your pass word

you set up the ps3 to the wireless router fairly easily, it does it all for you except put in your wep/wpa key.

Original Poster

where on the ps3 menu do u go to do it? im trying to find out for someone cos i dont have a ps3 myself

in the settings menu

tazandsaz;3901678

where on the ps3 menu do u go to do it? im trying to find out for someone … where on the ps3 menu do u go to do it? im trying to find out for someone cos i dont have a ps3 myself

think its in network settings on the desktop thing

Original Poster

thanks guys ive explained to him.....he rang me saying the - obtain IP address failed

Original Poster

please anyone?

tazandsaz;3902749

thanks guys ive explained to him.....he rang me saying the - obtain IP … thanks guys ive explained to him.....he rang me saying the - obtain IP address failed

it should obtain the ip address automatically

Original Poster

ding;3902891

it should obtain the ip address automatically

just saying failed tho

the settings, all auto, dont use proxy and enable upnp???

Original Poster

thanks csiman, settings are the same and its still saying obtaining ip failed.....not sure what the problem is

Original Poster

Jooe;3904030

Can you read your pm tazandsaz

will do

Original Poster

ive been advised to put settings in manually but is the default router the same as default gateway?

Original Poster

sorted now, thanks for the replies ill leave some rep..

prob was, wrong password and it was to far from router only 1% signal. wish hed told me before i went over lol

Banned

tazandsaz;3908944

sorted now, thanks for the replies ill leave some rep..prob was, wrong … sorted now, thanks for the replies ill leave some rep..prob was, wrong password and it was to far from router only 1% signal. wish hed told me before i went over lol

oh dear :thumbsup:
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. How much should fitting bathroom cost713
    2. Do I need fabric conditioner?56
    3. Buying Christmas tree after Christmas56
    4. Netflix Family - Anyone got any places going?51

See more discussions