Groups

How do you stop yourself from over spending?

Many thanks for the people that run this fantastic forum, but the downside is it also feeds my bad habit of overspending of stuff I don't really need!

So my question to everyone out there is how do you manage to stop yourself spending too much?

30 Comments

look at my negative bank account. That always put's me off...

jasonodell;5827341

look at my negative bank account. That always put's me off...

+1

Always hunt around for better deals
    and when you go shopping glue the money to your inside pocket then you'll only take it out when its really needed
    check here [url]www.ioverspend.com[/url]
    I'm jokin Lol

if you have got to spend, then stock up on birthday and xmas presents for people, this way you are satisfying your ADDICTION and spreading the cost of Christmas.

So many bargains, so little funds............a fellow sufferer, very negative bank balance but loving it!!

are you seriously in debt?
    put your money away for your bills and whatever you have left that u can spend

I keep my bills in my bag next to my purse so every time I want to pay for something I see what I owe and need to pay that month - it works most of the time

Banned

file for bankruptcy

but first get a £20k loan, go on holiday, buy a car, get a boob job and waste the remainder on other useless tat

might be rather immoral and underhanded but some member here seems to think its ok!

Only buy things you NEED not buy things you WANT.

blackpeppa;5827350

if you have got to spend, then stock up on birthday and xmas presents for … if you have got to spend, then stock up on birthday and xmas presents for people, this way you are satisfying your ADDICTION and spreading the cost of Christmas.

this is what I do

I have a huge family - and November and December are also big birthday months for my own children and their cousins! So I need to stock up to spread the cost!

Move your Broadband ISP to TalkTalk. That way, you'll never get online.
    z

dimebars;5827377

file for bankruptcybut first get a £20k loan, go on holiday, buy a car, … file for bankruptcybut first get a £20k loan, go on holiday, buy a car, get a boob job and waste the remainder on other useless tatmight be rather immoral and underhanded but some member here seems to think its ok!

So I hear.

dimebars;5827377

file for bankruptcybut first get a £20k loan, go on holiday, buy a car, … file for bankruptcybut first get a £20k loan, go on holiday, buy a car, get a boob job and waste the remainder on other useless tatmight be rather immoral and underhanded but some member here seems to think its ok!

lmao! I know exactly who you're on about. Very sly!

Banned

I just transfer what I need for shopping / beers etc into a different account and just take that card out with me for that day

no chance of overspending or lending to the usual mates asking if they can borrow some lol

Banned

dimebars;5827377

wasnt that her friend she was asking info for?

yeah right lol :thumbsup:

dimebars;5827377

Surely people arn't that dumb .........? On hukd ? nah ............i think your fibbing ;-)

dimebars;5827377

I actually lol'd for the first time at one of your posts :w00t:

Banned

dont spend money you havent got.

Hamm;5827513

dont spend money you havent got.

Easy to say:p

Banned

4lyons09;5827507

I actually lol'd for the first time at one of your posts :w00t:

thats you well and truly ****ed now!

Play in misc instead of clicking on deals :);-)

csiman;5827444

I just transfer what I need for shopping / beers etc into a different … I just transfer what I need for shopping / beers etc into a different account and just take that card out with me for that dayno chance of overspending or lending to the usual mates asking if they can borrow some lol

Simple sensible advice.:thumbsup:

I just buy what i want/need..........never buy anything from here just for the sake of it being cheap as that's false economy.

Thankfully i don't need hundreds of crappy £2.99 DVD deals. :lol:

Banned

I earn a decent wage - seems obvious really.:thinking:

dcx_badass;5829194

Will power, it's an amazing thing....

Is there a good deal on here for that thing?:p

Banned

Marina;5829219

Is there a good deal on here for that thing?:p

There was one the other day - I bought it on impulse.

FilthAndFurry;5829222

There was one the other day - I bought it on impulse.

Damn, I missed it:x:p:p

ive only spent 400 quid on here :thumbsup:

I'm very careful wth cash,over spending? I'm more likely to underspend!
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Ditched Sky1318
      2. To buy Iphone 633
      3. Nightmare with BT over Broadband67
      4. Purchasing Fifa 18 through EA Access question11

See more discussions