Groups

How do you take Motion jpegs off of the Panasonic Lumix Tz7 camera

I have a lumix zx3 camera (the US one) but when I plug the usb lead into the pc, and go to the folder on my computer, i can only see the JPEGs , but no video files.

How can i take just the video files off?

16 Comments

Use a card reader.
    ;-)

Original Poster

Inactive;7602976

Use a card reader.;-)

howd u do that

You need to use the software that came with the TZ7.

Original Poster

ive tried it but how do i compress it and make it a mpeg? or quicktime? as its a US version, al the settings need to be ntsc right?

Original Poster

did the card reader come in the box?

No, a card reader can usually be found at the front of your computer, if not a USB plug in type can be purchased.

Your Camera will have an SD Type memory card.

Original Poster

Inactive;7603251

No, a card reader can usually be found at the front of your computer, if … No, a card reader can usually be found at the front of your computer, if not a USB plug in type can be purchased.Your Camera will have an SD Type memory card.

could u link me to somewhere to buy that as ive just got this camera and am clueless what that means atm wont a usb lead suffice?

You don't need to buy a card reader, you already have the USB cable and you say you can see the photo's from it.. the movies are there somewhere, maybe in a different subfolder?

On my TZ5 i think you have to switch it to the movies mode on the selection wheel before transfer. I know that each 'switch' on the selection button throws up a different set of pics on the memory card.

Original Poster

Babbabooey;7603361

You don't need to buy a card reader, you already have the USB cable and … You don't need to buy a card reader, you already have the USB cable and you say you can see the photo's from it.. the movies are there somewhere, maybe in a different subfolder?

theyre not anywhere ive checked all 3 folders, i can only open them using the lumix software. it is because theyre ntsc?

Format (ntsc/pal) should not make any difference. Windows should see them as a file and not distinguish between video format. Its like saying ive got a folder full of avis and windows wont see the ones that are ntsc... doesnt work that way ;-)

Original Poster

Squelds;7603423

On my TZ5 i think you have to switch it to the movies mode on the … On my TZ5 i think you have to switch it to the movies mode on the selection wheel before transfer. I know that each 'switch' on the selection button throws up a different set of pics on the memory card.

ive not tried this worth a go, thanks, keep suggestions coming :):thumbsup:

PS longshot i know... but are you sure the videos are not getting saved to internal memory instead of the card ?

Original Poster

Squelds;7603471

PS longshot i know... but are you sure the videos are not getting saved … PS longshot i know... but are you sure the videos are not getting saved to internal memory instead of the card ?

how would you tell?

peterjmay;7603340

could u link me to somewhere to buy that as ive just got this camera and … could u link me to somewhere to buy that as ive just got this camera and am clueless what that means atm wont a usb lead suffice?

Have you looked on the front of your computer for card slots?

Mine has 3 card slots, that will take different cards.

That is assuming you are using a card and not camera internal memory of course.

Original Poster

Inactive;7603825

Have you looked on the front of your computer for card slots?Mine has 3 … Have you looked on the front of your computer for card slots?Mine has 3 card slots, that will take different cards.That is assuming you are using a card and not camera internal memory of course.

isnt a card slot the same slot as where the usb lead goes???? :oops:
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764162
      2. How dangerous is Donald trump?26119
      3. Going in style uv code give away33
      4. Veteran TV host Sir Bruce Forsyth dies at 891717

See more discussions