Groups

how do you tell if you have a first edition book?

Hi,

I am just sorting through some books and am wondering how you tell if it's a first edition?

Rep for helpful advice

10 Comments

Usually it tells you on the first few pages. It will have the print date and first edition in text.

I'm sure inside the front cover where the publishers details are, it tells you there?

inside th cover where the print details are, ive got a couple of first editions

within the first few pages there will be a page of information about publication, there will be a set of numbers, from one going upwards, if it is a first edition, it will say so in the middle of this page of infomation, it is usually a few pages in......

Original Poster

thanks guys, have looked on first page, it appears to be a first edition but doesn't actually say first edition

and the only numbers are the isbn number

caz1cool;7575606

thanks guys, have looked on first page, it appears to be a first edition … thanks guys, have looked on first page, it appears to be a first edition but doesn't actually say first editionand the only numbers are the isbn number

I beleive that if it doesnt say the words first edition then it is NOT a first edition! :thinking:

caz1cool;7575606

thanks guys, have looked on first page, it appears to be a first edition … thanks guys, have looked on first page, it appears to be a first edition but doesn't actually say first editionand the only numbers are the isbn number

my first editions are so old they aint even got them :lol: just says inside them first published 1956, thats it :lol:

Banned

there are many first editions - each impression has a first edition , so it can be very difficult to tell which impression it is in the first place . : ) i think amazon do a comprehensive explanation on their site

Original Poster

thanks everyone, will rep you all now.

I checked the authors bibliography
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Win amazing travel prizes including £2000 travel voucher, flights and holid…11
      2. LG G6 International [email protected] droidauthority22
      3. Win a luxury eight-night break for two in Malaysia with Ushvani Spa and Tra…77
      4. mail on sunday comp - win a £3,000 thomas cook gift e-card33

See more discussions