Expired

How do you test the cooker hood motor is extracting enough air?

Found 11th Mar
What size of piece(s) of paper and is the cooker supposed to be able hold it/them up?

TIA.
Community Updates
Ask
6 Comments
Put ur hand there and assess it using your powerful senses implanted into your arms , commonly referred to as senses. Using these figure out if it strong enough for you.
Use paper tissues or loo paper to check there is extraction. If the extractor can't hold the paper against the grill unaided, it isn't extracting

Put a pan of boiling water on to check if steam goes into the hood or around it. Take the filter out and see what difference it makes to the amount of steam being extracted

frequent causes of non extraction include
> greasy filter in the hood (usually the problem)
> long extractor pipe runs
> abrupt major (90 degree) bends in the pipe run
> pipe diameter that is less than the fan requires
> a cowl or extractor cover outside the house that blocks airflow (usually a problem)
Thanks. Very informative. Just bought a new cooker hood. Is there a certain size of paper, loo roll it should be able to hold up.
my extractor fan i just hold up normal A4 paper did job
whoMODStheMODS46 m ago

Thanks. Very informative. Just bought a new cooker hood. Is there a …Thanks. Very informative. Just bought a new cooker hood. Is there a certain size of paper, loo roll it should be able to hold up.

Interesting question..what size loo roll could an cooker-hood extractor fan hold up??! ..I would say one with a mighty powerful extraction rate!
ccnp1 h, 10 m ago

Use paper tissues or loo paper to check there is extraction. If the …Use paper tissues or loo paper to check there is extraction. If the extractor can't hold the paper against the grill unaided, it isn't extractingPut a pan of boiling water on to check if steam goes into the hood or around it. Take the filter out and see what difference it makes to the amount of steam being extractedfrequent causes of non extraction include> greasy filter in the hood (usually the problem)> long extractor pipe runs> abrupt major (90 degree) bends in the pipe run> pipe diameter that is less than the fan requires> a cowl or extractor cover outside the house that blocks airflow (usually a problem)

jonmarz8916 m ago

my extractor fan i just hold up normal A4 paper did job

Thanks.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions