Groups

How do you think of Xiaomi Laptop

12.5'' 1.07kg / 12.9mm ,Intel Core M3 ,4GB RAM, 128GB SATA SSD,1080p ,AKG speaker.USB-C

and

13.3" 1.28kg / 14.8mm ,Intel Core i5, NVIDIA 940MX(1GB GDDR5) , 8GB DDR4, 256GB PCIe SSD.USB-C

It just looks like apple macbook

It's about 400 pounds(12.5'' ) and 570 pounds (13.3") in China

9 Comments

£400 one = pretty good but i dont think quite as enticing as the bigger one

£570 one = fairly decent for the price, particularly compared with macbook air so if i were to get one, id get this one

Looks and seems pretty nice, however i've just bought the Asus UX305 so i've already got my baby aha.

As far as I'm aware these are only being sold to the UK through far eastern outlets like Banggood and Dx.com so while the prices are good for what you get, the lack of any appreciable aftersales support when something goes wrong or worse you need a replacement means that I'd rather spend money on something I know I will get some recourse with.

Astec123

As far as I'm aware these are only being sold to the UK through far … As far as I'm aware these are only being sold to the UK through far eastern outlets like Banggood and Dx.com so while the prices are good for what you get, the lack of any appreciable aftersales support when something goes wrong or worse you need a replacement means that I'd rather spend money on something I know I will get some recourse with.

Even if they have build quality of a macbook and are less than half the price?

GotBass

Even if they have build quality of a macbook and are less than half the … Even if they have build quality of a macbook and are less than half the price?

Considering the build 'quality' of an Apple device is in my experience lower than that of more robust options from the likes of Dell Latitude, Lenovo Thinkpad or HP Elitebook ranges. You are not paying for build quality with an Apple device, you are paying for the look at me sheep mentality and the use of more premium metals than the typical plastics.

While I think Xiaomi make some pretty good products, the suggestion that these are of a similar build quality is pushing the boat out considering I'm unaware of any long term tests of these machines.

Nevertheless, it remains that I'd still rather buy from a supplier that I can actually deal with, you only need to look at the complaints from buyers of devices from suppliers from the far east

- Offer 10% discount on the price you paid for a device that's now unusuable
    - Offer a replacement but you pay to ship it back to China but it needs to be tracked and then you have to pay for them to ship the replacement to you once it arrives in a few weeks time and then wait another month for the replacement
    - Among 100's of other issues people have with these places.

I buy cheap items from these places but would never risk 100's of my hard earned cash for an item that potentially could be dead on arrival and a massive headache to get sorted.
    Edited by: "Astec123" 10th Aug 2016

Original Poster

adamspencer95

£400 one = pretty good but i dont think quite as enticing as the bigger … £400 one = pretty good but i dont think quite as enticing as the bigger one£570 one = fairly decent for the price, particularly compared with macbook air so if i were to get one, id get this one

£570 one might be a antagonist to macbook

I was hoping thye would be a bit cheaper as Im a big fan of Xiaomi products.

Im sure there will be some deals on bangood and gearbest in the next few months

Astec123

Considering the build 'quality' of an Apple device is in my experience … Considering the build 'quality' of an Apple device is in my experience lower than that of more robust options from the likes of Dell Latitude, Lenovo Thinkpad or HP Elitebook ranges. You are not paying for build quality with an Apple device, you are paying for the look at me sheep mentality and the use of more premium metals than the typical plastics. While I think Xiaomi make some pretty good products, the suggestion that these are of a similar build quality is pushing the boat out considering I'm unaware of any long term tests of these machines. Nevertheless, it remains that I'd still rather buy from a supplier that I can actually deal with, you only need to look at the complaints from buyers of devices from suppliers from the far east- Offer 10% discount on the price you paid for a device that's now unusuable- Offer a replacement but you pay to ship it back to China but it needs to be tracked and then you have to pay for them to ship the replacement to you once it arrives in a few weeks time and then wait another month for the replacement- Among 100's of other issues people have with these places.I buy cheap items from these places but would never risk 100's of my hard earned cash for an item that potentially could be dead on arrival and a massive headache to get sorted.

Have you ever actually used a Macbook pro? I work for HP and have a £1200 EliteBook 850 G1 as my company laptop...My personal laptop is a Macbook Pro Retina and it's build quality wipes the floor with the Elitebook.

I'm always glad to put the Elitebook away and get back to my Macbook

Astec123

Considering the build 'quality' of an Apple device is in my experience … Considering the build 'quality' of an Apple device is in my experience lower than that of more robust options from the likes of Dell Latitude, Lenovo Thinkpad or HP Elitebook ranges. You are not paying for build quality with an Apple device, you are paying for the look at me sheep mentality and the use of more premium metals than the typical plastics. While I think Xiaomi make some pretty good products, the suggestion that these are of a similar build quality is pushing the boat out considering I'm unaware of any long term tests of these machines. Nevertheless, it remains that I'd still rather buy from a supplier that I can actually deal with, you only need to look at the complaints from buyers of devices from suppliers from the far east- Offer 10% discount on the price you paid for a device that's now unusuable- Offer a replacement but you pay to ship it back to China but it needs to be tracked and then you have to pay for them to ship the replacement to you once it arrives in a few weeks time and then wait another month for the replacement- Among 100's of other issues people have with these places.I buy cheap items from these places but would never risk 100's of my hard earned cash for an item that potentially could be dead on arrival and a massive headache to get sorted.

The build quality of a macbook pro is actually very good comparatively speaking.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Best Samsung mid-range mobile phone?11
      2. Ripped off by GearBest, VERY ANGRY!99
      3. HELP - am i being scammed on gum tree1113
      4. What kind of workstation desk should I buy for my office / music room ?35

See more discussions