How do you track any letter posted at the post office?

Posted 17th Sep
Hi all.

There was a thread on here this year showing what you need to do to track anything posted at the Post Office, even if it isn't "recorded" but I can't find that thread.

The Post Office also looked at me like a was a mad man when I asked them if this was possible (to be fair most people do that even when I don't ask them anything).

Does anyone else remember this or am I going crazy (Which is also a possibility)?

Thanks.
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

Top comments
9 Comments
yacoboy17/09/2019 16:46

this?https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/royal-mail-certificate-of-posting-free-reference-number-to-track-ebay-items-2916837

27th Mar 2018??? Ok, I'm partially going crazy.

But thank you though, BIG HUG
magic 8 ball
Mystic Meg
if not posting recorded delivery. your best phisically going to post office , post item/letter or whatever and get a receipt. this is proof that you actully posted item , shows weight and address on it. so if lost then can claim back or show person you sent to if they ask. hope this helps.
kevlfc17/09/2019 18:07

magic 8 ball

JumpMan198017/09/2019 19:47

Mystic Meg

s_mZ0S18/09/2019 08:41

if not posting recorded delivery. your best phisically going to post …if not posting recorded delivery. your best phisically going to post office , post item/letter or whatever and get a receipt. this is proof that you actully posted item , shows weight and address on it. so if lost then can claim back or show person you sent to if they ask. hope this helps.

Thanks for your responses. The question was answered in the first reply.
If one doesn't want to pay extra for signed for they must go to the post office and get a 2d barcode for free (when purchasing first or second class postage).
This is scanned on the delivery doorstep.
MadeDixonsCry18/09/2019 10:08

Thanks for your responses. The question was answered in the first reply. …Thanks for your responses. The question was answered in the first reply. If one doesn't want to pay extra for signed for they must go to the post office and get a 2d barcode for free (when purchasing first or second class postage). This is scanned on the delivery doorstep.

2d barcodes are not of particular interest to postmen as they are not targeted on scanning them .. they need only pay attention to Tracked items ..
JumpMan198018/09/2019 16:58

2d barcodes are not of particular interest to postmen as they are not …2d barcodes are not of particular interest to postmen as they are not targeted on scanning them .. they need only pay attention to Tracked items ..

Oh, I was going by this: hotukdeals.com/com…918

In any case, this is what I was asking for. The items I would use this for are not worthy of a "tracked" extra cost so this free upgrade is welcome.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants