How do you use family Nintendo membership?

Posted 4th Apr
I bought a family membership for my kids last month but It only came with one code. we used it on one console. do I use the same code on other consoles or do I need to generate other codes?

any advice would be great

thanks
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

16 Comments
No you have to long into the Nintendo account on a computer and from there go to membership and invite the email for the account and they have to accept ^__^
Karim_1704/04/2020 20:58

No you have to long into the Nintendo account on a computer and from there …No you have to long into the Nintendo account on a computer and from there go to membership and invite the email for the account and they have to accept ^__^

I have utter no idea how to do that lol ah well seems it was waste of money then lol
lynne19204/04/2020 20:59

I have utter no idea how to do that lol ah well seems it was waste of …I have utter no idea how to do that lol ah well seems it was waste of money then lol

Note a waste of money just log on to Nintendo account on pc or phone browser then you can email people and set up the sharing properly just read thru as you go...
justanothercid04/04/2020 21:04

Note a waste of money just log on to Nintendo account on pc or phone …Note a waste of money just log on to Nintendo account on pc or phone browser then you can email people and set up the sharing properly just read thru as you go...

Okay thanks I'm not very good at these things. Will try figure it out
Sadly its not allowing me to add my son to the account I signed up to nintendo membership
Just keeps saying this
"You are already a member of a family group, so you cannot join another family group."
lynne19204/04/2020 21:16

Sadly its not allowing me to add my son to the account I signed up to …Sadly its not allowing me to add my son to the account I signed up to nintendo membership Just keeps saying this "You are already a member of a family group, so you cannot join another family group."

Then you need to log into your sons account and do the same thing but unlink from the previous family group
The nintendo family member ship is on my husbands console. I used my own email address on my sons and set up a kids account for him. Because I've set up a kids account its automatically created a family. Because of this I can not add my sons console to the family membership does anyone know how to override this?

Thanks
Karim_1704/04/2020 21:17

Then you need to log into your sons account and do the same thing but …Then you need to log into your sons account and do the same thing but unlink from the previous family group

It's not letting me unlink it because to do so I would need to delete the child account which I cant do without losing all his data and passes?

Sorry I am not very good with gaming technology
lynne19204/04/2020 21:18

The nintendo family member ship is on my husbands console. I used my own …The nintendo family member ship is on my husbands console. I used my own email address on my sons and set up a kids account for him. Because I've set up a kids account its automatically created a family. Because of this I can not add my sons console to the family membership does anyone know how to override this? Thanks

I’ll try to find a solution and send a youtube link
Karim_1704/04/2020 21:25

I’ll try to find a solution and send a youtube link

Thank you. Your a god send.
lynne19204/04/2020 21:26

Thank you. Your a god send.

Honestly a pleasure to help ^__^
jco8304/04/2020 21:34

Add your husband to your Family Group accounts.nintendo.com/family

Thanks yes I removed my daughter from my husbands account then added my husband to mine and changed him to admin then added my daughter. I am hoping that means they all now can use the family membership
lynne19204/04/2020 21:47

Thanks yes I removed my daughter from my husbands account then added my …Thanks yes I removed my daughter from my husbands account then added my husband to mine and changed him to admin then added my daughter. I am hoping that means they all now can use the family membership

It doesn't matter who in the Family Group has the Family Membership. As long as one person has it
Edited by: "jco83" 4th Apr
jco8304/04/2020 21:49

It doesn't matter who in the Family Group has the Family Membership. As …It doesn't matter who in the Family Group has the Family Membership. As long as one person has it, it applies for the others

Amazing thank you
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions