Groups

how does copyright work with art

Wondering how copyright works with art.

I've seen out and about, paintings of Tintin and Snowy (one example).

And recently I've seen tattoo artists who, copy an image by doing a pencil drawing, then make prints of their work and sell them on.

Is this not breaching copyright rules?

8 Comments

Banned

no idea, and it might be breaching copyright laws, but do you really think a tattooist gives a damn if they are, same as the pirates of movies / tv

If it's for your own personal use then generally it's ok, all though some companies are still known to be a bit funny. But if you want to sell anything on then you require a licence.

it's illegal if you sell it on to make personal gain. but for own use your ok as they wouldn't bother

What if we post something on our fb page that we copied from one of the images on the internet?

imhappy

What if we post something on our fb page that we copied from one of the … What if we post something on our fb page that we copied from one of the images on the internet?

​nothing bad can happy unless you make money from it.

What will happen will depend on who the legal owner is - and what they consider they will accept. There is no law granting you free access for personal use that is something that some people allow, you can still be sued by others for the same. Best thing to do is just ask the legal owner can I use for personal use then they have no comeback.

brendanhickey

​nothing bad can happy unless you make money from it.

Thanks but I have heard otherwise so haven't posted anything!

Thank you. I remember finding this picture on Google images with no owner info n painted something similar but haven't posted it on my page as not sure if I should!

googley2

What will happen will depend on who the legal owner is - and what they … What will happen will depend on who the legal owner is - and what they consider they will accept. There is no law granting you free access for personal use that is something that some people allow, you can still be sued by others for the same. Best thing to do is just ask the legal owner can I use for personal use then they have no comeback.

Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Best VR games?22
      2. What to do?????23
      3. Virgin Media Superhub 3 Settings55
      4. Good Sim only deals??611

See more discussions