How does Disney Magic Wrist Band work for families?

Found 20th May
Hiya all,

Group of 5 which include 3 children are going to Disney in August and thought a magic band would be easier as I want to use fast track. How do I put the fast track on all 5 bands? Also where is the cheapest and best place to buy the bands? Thank you in advance.
Side note -i can’t believe how expensive Disney park tickets are !!!!!!!!!!!
Community Updates
AskBaby & KidsDisney
11 Comments
There is a app you can download , add family members to it. When you want a fast pass you select who will join you in the fastpass. Then you boop the magic band on the post to enter
We got a free magic band as staying in a Disney hotel. This also included free foods and well worth it and worked out cheaper than staying outside Disney. As for getting bands you can see a few offers in the parks or there are some outlets that may have cheaper ones around orlando
ch7leach12 m ago

We got a free magic band as staying in a Disney hotel. This also included …We got a free magic band as staying in a Disney hotel. This also included free foods and well worth it and worked out cheaper than staying outside Disney. As for getting bands you can see a few offers in the parks or there are some outlets that may have cheaper ones around orlando

Thank you, i will definitely get the band as that sounds easy and will now consider staying at a Disney hotel.
There is free WiFi in parks to book fastpasses and in most hotels so you can do it all in advance. Version 1 magic bands are cheaper which are a fixed band, version 2 you can remove the middle bit and get extra accessories for it.
bargins4me4 m ago

Thank you, i will definitely get the band as that sounds easy and will now …Thank you, i will definitely get the band as that sounds easy and will now consider staying at a Disney hotel.

Not every Disney hotel includes food in the package. I think they are called dining plans. Well worth it. We got $200 steak and desert included!!! Tasted amazing but would not generally do it otherwise. You will eat like kings and queens lol. Also free snacks too on some packages so ice creams and stuff. We stayed in old key West and got the dining plan and $200 gift card to spend
ch7leach30 m ago

Not every Disney hotel includes food in the package. I think they are …Not every Disney hotel includes food in the package. I think they are called dining plans. Well worth it. We got $200 steak and desert included!!! Tasted amazing but would not generally do it otherwise. You will eat like kings and queens lol. Also free snacks too on some packages so ice creams and stuff. We stayed in old key West and got the dining plan and $200 gift card to spend

I’m definitely looking into this to save. I even checked the hotel you suggested, unfortunately no availability on my dates
Hotel guests can book their fast pass rides 60 days in advance, non residents only 30 days in advance.

As a non resident you may find that some of the most popular rides won’t have any fast pass places left for them.

Im going next week and I struggled to book The Flight of the avatar ride over a month ago.

Also if you get a dinning plan you’ll also find the most popular places to eat are booked up now,we booked ours 180 days in advance.
paulj4811 h, 46 m ago

Hotel guests can book their fast pass rides 60 days in advance, non …Hotel guests can book their fast pass rides 60 days in advance, non residents only 30 days in advance.As a non resident you may find that some of the most popular rides won’t have any fast pass places left for them.Im going next week and I struggled to book The Flight of the avatar ride over a month ago.Also if you get a dinning plan you’ll also find the most popular places to eat are booked up now,we booked ours 180 days in advance.

Wow:S
paulj4819 h, 1 m ago

Hotel guests can book their fast pass rides 60 days in advance, non …Hotel guests can book their fast pass rides 60 days in advance, non residents only 30 days in advance.As a non resident you may find that some of the most popular rides won’t have any fast pass places left for them.Im going next week and I struggled to book The Flight of the avatar ride over a month ago.Also if you get a dinning plan you’ll also find the most popular places to eat are booked up now,we booked ours 180 days in advance.

Did not have that problem myself. If it was booked in the morning we were good to go on anything and eat anywhere. This was mid march last year. Disney park was heaving as some schools were on spring break!!
ch7leach37 m ago

Did not have that problem myself. If it was booked in the morning we were …Did not have that problem myself. If it was booked in the morning we were good to go on anything and eat anywhere. This was mid march last year. Disney park was heaving as some schools were on spring break!!

Be our Guest restaurant always books up 180 days in advance, did you eat there?
paulj484 m ago

Be our Guest restaurant always books up 180 days in advance, did you eat …Be our Guest restaurant always books up 180 days in advance, did you eat there?

We did for breakfast so before the placed opened. That I think we booked the night before
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions