Expired

How does eject work on PS3 Super Slim without pressing a button?

Found 19th Mar 2013
I often use my controller to eject a disc from my PS3 Slim and the disc neatly slides out of the console.

How does this work on the new Super Slim? It can't eject the disc as such because it its not slot loading. Also I thought the cover for the disc drive was mechanical so it won't open automatically either. Is the option to eject a disc using the controller not there on the Super Slims?
Community Updates
AskPS3
5 Comments
I assume it just pops the lid and stops the disk. Not sure. The lid is just spring loaded so only needs to be released to pop open.
No because it is similar to PSone you have to remove it by hand.
So what happens when you select eject from the XMB menu? Does it do nothing on the super slim?
I have a super slim and the eject button doesn't slide open the cover, and I have to do it manually is there a way to fix it?
smileyh

I have a super slim and the eject button doesn't slide open the cover, … I have a super slim and the eject button doesn't slide open the cover, and I have to do it manually is there a way to fix it?

You're stuck I'm afraid. There is no remote disc eject on the super slim. Thank god I went for a PS3 Slim (white) just before they were discontinued.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions