How does Flubit make money?

Posted 4th Oct
I just ordered a game from Flubit and I looks like the order is fulfilled by The Game Collection, it was cheaper than anywhere else online plus I paid with Flubit points to receive an extra 20% off so how on earth does Flubit make a profit?

Sorry if this is glaringly obvious I’m just confused unless they take more than 20% commission for selling items through their website which I find hard to believe
Community Updates
Ask
8 Comments
It will be like this site , the site owner will get a commission for each click generated sale / site visit
Edited by: "chunk1985" 4th Oct
Wow flubit still around. I remember I paid for their monthly subscription where you get refunded if they haven't saved you enough to cover their membership. They changed it few months down the line and only partly refunded me and I've only used it once. Never used them since.
This is from a flubit representative

"Instead of charging a % commission like Amazon, we ask our seller for their most competitive price and sell it to the user for that, plus our variable margin. For example, if a seller is selling a camera for £100 on Amazon, and paying a 20% commission to Amazon, they are only making £80. We ask them to sell that camera through Flubit for £80, and we might sell it to the consumer for £85. The merchant gets a sale, the user gets 15% discount and we get 5%"
Edited by: "4Real2016" 4th Oct
deleted1410297
MR112304/10/2019 19:17

Wow flubit still around. I remember I paid for their monthly subscription …Wow flubit still around. I remember I paid for their monthly subscription where you get refunded if they haven't saved you enough to cover their membership. They changed it few months down the line and only partly refunded me and I've only used it once. Never used them since.

Theyve changed business models a few times. Weird company
4Real201604/10/2019 19:50

This is from a flubit representative"Instead of charging a % commission …This is from a flubit representative"Instead of charging a % commission like Amazon, we ask our seller for their most competitive price and sell it to the user for that, plus our variable margin. For example, if a seller is selling a camera for £100 on Amazon, and paying a 20% commission to Amazon, they are only making £80. We ask them to sell that camera through Flubit for £80, and we might sell it to the consumer for £85. The merchant gets a sale, the user gets 15% discount and we get 5%"

Ahh makes sense thanks for that!
Profit margins in retail can be anywhere from 50% and up, clothing can be even higher, so retailers are still going to make money selling through flubit
Edited by: "4Real2016" 4th Oct
4Real201604/10/2019 20:15

Profit margins in retail can be anywhere from 50% and up, clothing can be …Profit margins in retail can be anywhere from 50% and up, clothing can be even higher, so retailers are still going to make money selling through flubit

Thank you, seems to good to be true with some of the prices for switch games
Dpowell304/10/2019 20:42

Thank you, seems to good to be true with some of the prices for switch …Thank you, seems to good to be true with some of the prices for switch games

Switch games are overpriced imo, in a PS4 player but it seems ridiculous prices for some small scale titles
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants