Groups

How does HUKD make moeny / stay running ?

Banned
    It has no adverts or promotions, just curious, probably something obvious

15 Comments

affiliate inks

Original Poster Banned

But as the links can be posted to any site, why wouldn't they just not pay, and still get the links ?

yeah just like we get our money back through quidco etc. When we use links off here to buy stuff, this site gets a %.

Banned

"We don't run banner ads on the site, sell ad space, use your email address for marketing or sell your details to other parties. We keep the site funded and running by using commission links on merchants where HUKD receives a commission if a product is purchased. As members submit and vote on deals we believe this keeps the site unbiased but if you have concerns please post and discuss them with us and other members in the Feedback section. "
    [hotukdeals.com/abo…-us]

dcx_badass;8130565

Affiliate links, they get money from what we buy from the go to deals … Affiliate links, they get money from what we buy from the go to deals button, not from all sites, but quite a few. And they own Quidco.

Didn't Admin say they don't own Quidco a few months ago?

DarkKnight;8130650

Didn't Admin say they don't own Quidco a few months ago?

think its broken away from HUKD

by Admin still owns it

I didn't know you actually had to purchase, i just thought you had to click the link?

In that case, only really deals is the money maker?

dcx_badass;8130660

Fine HUKD might not own Quidco, but Admin does.

Quidco is his 'business' and hukd is his 'leisure'. Quidco is owned by Maple Syrup Limited, while quidco is owned by Paul himself. Maple Syrup is the business his wife and he set up

He recently sold a large percentage of quidco to investors to inject some money to help expand the business

Lulu'sMammy;8130707

I didn't know you actually had to purchase, i just thought you had to … I didn't know you actually had to purchase, i just thought you had to click the link?In that case, only really deals is the money maker?

exacto mundo... Why do you think the mods always post deals

They help pay their wages :whistling:

Banned

http://imgur.com/eAEV4.jpg

Rumour has it this site is owned by Andy wedge, he is actually sheikh al makhdoum the Man city owner, he is personally bank rolling this site.
    Why do you think Andy wedge posts all those deals, Andy wedge owns all the dvd shops and womens lingerie shops, :whistling:

How much do the Mods get paid, I thought they would do it for free

dcx_badass;8134218

The amount they are on here, no chance.

^ this

plus they post deals as well so theres something in it for them somewhere.

numptyj;8134248

^ thisplus they post deals as well so theres something in it for them … ^ thisplus they post deals as well so theres something in it for them somewhere.

Yeah there must be some sort of commision for Mods, otherwise why would they post so much.

Edit: Thanks 5nowman, i think i may keep it on that number for the time being, lol

Glad we don't have to pay to visit here. Top site, and if people can make money, fair play.
    So many clone websites popping up though.

Grats on post 6,666 :P
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19047132
      2. Do cheeky drivers annoy you when they park outside your house and leave it …2240
      3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767346
      4. What would be HELL to you?2634

See more discussions