Expired

How does hukd work?

Found 7th Dec 2013
Hi everyone.

Im quite new to Hot uk Deals. I posted a deal for The Perfume Shop. It's still active &the perfume is now back in stock (it was only showing OOS for an hour or so). So I wanted to know do I have to repost the deal again or can the same deal be refreshed?

Also I noticed that when I posted this deal, another user also posted it and it stayed active for 9hours before it was finally expired. I did spam it.

Thankyou for taking time out to answer my questions. ;-)
Shared Via The HUKD App For Android.
Community Updates
Ask
10 Comments
the answer is: it's arbitrary. don't take it personally, there's not much rhyme or reason to it. some people on here very nice, others.. not so nice. so my advice, use it to find out about deals but don't worry too much about posting popular deals.
Original Poster
fuhu78888

the answer is: it's arbitrary. don't take it personally, there's not much … the answer is: it's arbitrary. don't take it personally, there's not much rhyme or reason to it. some people on here very nice, others.. not so nice. so my advice, use it to find out about deals but don't worry too much about posting popular deals.

Thanks fuhu. I just didn't quite understand how hukd worked. As I did post a duplicate deal not knowing it had already been posted, and the response I got from some of the users was QUITE BLOODY SCARY to say the least. It really does put you off posting deals.

I was just wanting to re-post the deal as quite a few members are missing out& it is a good deal, But I think I'll go with your advice. Thanks once again.
Original Poster
Just read up on the one month rule. It's quite crap using hukd on an app, you can't do much on it. It's only when I logged into the main site I found SOME of the info needed.

Like all the 'flamedeer' craziness. I didn't have a clue until I visited the main site. Thanks for your info dcx.
Once you realise the somewhat random and illogical voting mechanism in place and that some people are crazy/funny/loony/helpful/miserable/normal then you find HUKD is a pretty useful place for deals and such...... as long as you remember people can and will be douchebags sometimes and not to take it personally then it's all good

Some great comedy writers seem to frequent these forums too.
Original Poster
Initially it did bother me. As I was very new to hukd. It doesn't so much now. You are very right the crazy logic member use to vote does amaze me. Hit the nail on the head crazy, loopy, miserable douchebags!!!

It's a shame really, the minority ruin the site. Lucky the majority of members are pleasant and know how to have a laugh.

I too now mainly use the site for deals & the comedy is all very amusing.

Thanks for your comforting words. :-)
The first time I got spammed on posting a deal I felt like I'd done something terrible like take a poop on a picture of the queen mum, it seemed though people hung around so they can spam a duplicate deal in milliseconds of it being posted. I think calling a duplicate as spam is misleading and should be called, funnily enough, a duplicate deal. Spammers are sods that post crap and self promote in my mind, duplicates are errors due to a poor search feature.

But once you realise this site could get messy without moderation then you so of understand the logic (sometimes anyway)

Edited by: "spannerzone" 8th Dec 2013
Original Poster
"take a poop on the pic of the queen mum" ........haa ha ha classic!

You're absolutely right about getting spammed in a millisecond! It's amazing! first comment will be 'deal already posted........ with a clicky here' people actually go to the length of finding the link. Scary when I first got spammed. The search on hukd is crap.

Second thing that truly annoyed me, is when member try to run an english grammer class on hukd. Correcting the grammer or spelling on comments made! I understand poor english is no excuse, but everyone makes a spelling mistake now and then. It hasn't happened to me as of yet. I do feel sorry for the members it has happend to though. Gets blown out of proportion just to make the person correcting them feel inferior. (feels good to have a rant......lol). :-P
Original Poster
The thing about getting spammed in a millisecond. It always happens, so I don't understand why a dublicate of a deal I posted didn't get spammed until 9hours later???

It reached 349°? where were all the spammers that are waiting to pounce then? It boggles me o_O

hukd spammers you have let me down......lol ;-)
Original Poster
*correcting them feel superior.

Suprised no ones corrected it as of yet. :-P
As already said, this place can be a mystery sometimes
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants