Groups

How does Netflix compare to Sky Entertainment and Movies?

Hi HUKD community.

Every year I cancel my sky TV and broadband and get it discounted.

Its that time of the year to do it again to cancel and find a better deal. I've just cancelled which was £49 per month, going back to £90 if I didn't cancel. This was for Broadband, line rental TV (entertainment and movies).

The best they could do this time was £56 for the same package so I said no thank you and carried on with the cancellation.

I'm thinking of trying a different Broadband provider and signing up to Netflix.

How does Netflix compare to sky entertainment and movies? Its hard to see what Netflix has on offer without signing up first.

Also is TalkTalk broadband any good. They look like the cheapest.

11 Comments

If you live in a fibre area then try BT broadband with Entertainment plus TV or Total Entertainment if still on special offer.
    You'll get the discovery channels for starters, something Sky are about to lose and TalkTalk can't offer.

BT use Youview so you can watch Netflix that way, you can also get a 30 day trial of Netflix
    Personally I liked Netflix, my partner no so much, Netflix have older shows and exclusives like making a muderer and stranger things, both exellent shows
    Edited by: "PKRichie" 28th Jan

I wouldn't recommend talk talk, it seems that it may work ok, but if it doesn't you'll have a nightmare trying to get it sorted. You could keep broadband with sky if it works ok and just cancel TV.

Original Poster

Hi all thanks for your help.

I do live in a fibre area, but just checked and there are no availability left due to demand. I get about 4megs with standard broadband. Would this be quick enough for Netflix?

Get amazon prime, share it with someone or get a student account. £40 a year.

Get a 4 screen at a time Netflix account and share with 4 friends etc £2.50 month.

Get cheap passes and now boxes for now TV and movies £5 a month max (I'm on £1 month at the mo)

Get catch up TV services on a fire stick.

Someone will say add in 3rd party kodi addons.

All this, extremely cheap for a lot of content

Edited by: "ibblackberry1" 28th Jan

markpj777

Hi all thanks for your help.I do live in a fibre area, but just checked … Hi all thanks for your help.I do live in a fibre area, but just checked and there are no availability left due to demand. I get about 4megs with standard broadband. Would this be quick enough for Netflix?

Yes was running fine for me on 2m, but if someone else wanted to stream at the same time I had issues.

Original Poster

Thanks. Looks like the best thing to do is to get Sky broadband for as cheap as possible and go with your suggestions. I did manage to get them down to £10 per month including line rental one year. I'll try out my best negotiating skills again. That's if I can get through to an adviser. Been waiting for a chat session for the last 30 mins. Wish me luck

Edited by: "markpj777" 28th Jan

Does the op sign up to Netflix twice?

CoughKODIcough

upto last March I was paying a nice price with sky for the main entertainment package, unused line rental, sky unlimited all was a nice price on a previous years deal, but ended, I jumped ship to the couth couth above what's mentioned, it's brill for movies, but wife was unhappy with it for normal TV via sub I was paying for, sky offered me all the channels at there £38 package half price to £19 and they gave me £50 credit on rejoin them, 3rd offer though post on coming back to them, so I'm currently on that. have added the movies and sports on it on there Xmas deal add on, no contract half price sports movies at another £19 currently paying £38 for every channel I need. pretty sure the first taken package is an on going deal or a year deal we will see on April... but the movies sports is continued deal to I cancel. I switch the BB over to talk talk as I got free BB.. pay £18 or unused line rental on a 12 month deal and got £100 voucher via uswitch, so a pretty good deal here too, also took out a sin only with talk talk for the wife, £5.50 a month 2gb data was some silly offer to win customers back last year and I got £60 from topcashback, £6 for the whole year absolute crazy deal.. thinking of switching in April to Virgin media, other BT line ISP prices have shot up with all in one price rubbish.

ps: I still use my sky router for the talk talk.. as there router is shocking, line drop outs xyx.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Show us your Photos 2017. September's Theme - 'Earth, Wind & Fire'32455
      2. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19047204
      3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767535
      4. HUKD Nintendo Switch owners thread941357

See more discussions