Groups

How does Rep work?

As title says really... are some people's rep worth more and how does it all work. What are the milestones in rep that u need to increase those little rep balls below ur avatar? Think I have 1907 points in total... but how does that all translate etc...

26 Comments

you get up to + or - 9 really quickly.....I am sure you are on 9 as are most of the rest of us except new joiners....don't know the mile stones though,...so not really much help then am I.

[SIZE=3][COLOR=Red]Reputation[/COLOR][/SIZE] You click on the … [SIZE=3][COLOR=Red]Reputation[/COLOR][/SIZE] You click on the button underneath somebody's username if you find their post helpful. You are encouraged to spread it around as much as you like. When you click on the button you can leave positive rep (for helpful deals and things which have helped). You can also leave a comment. Reputation is anonymous; however the recipient of the reputation will be able to see the comment and which post was made.You can view your reputation points and comments people have left for you >> ]HERE ]"Control Panel" near the top right of the forum. The most recent 10 comments are available for view, and the total points are in the top right of the rep area. What the different coloured boxes mean: Orange lights in your rep mean that you have received positive reputation from someone with a positive reputation score. This will have increased your points. Grey lights are also positive rep, but have been given by someone with no reputation, and therefore does not have the ability to affect your reputation score. This will have had no effect on your points.

Think I have 1907

so thats quite a gap for all those who have a full bar :?

Agent_Silver;2020584

you get up to + or - 9 really quickly.....I am sure you are on 9 as are … you get up to + or - 9 really quickly.....I am sure you are on 9 as are most of the rest of us except new joiners....don't know the mile stones though,...so not really much help then am I.

+/- 9 is not rep, but voting power.

Original Poster

Do you get voting power thru rep?

Yes - the more rep you have, the higher your voting power.

Although the max is 9 for all those with higher rep.

emasu;2020592

Think I have 1907so thats quite a gap for all those who have a full bar :?

I have 1899

Original Poster

Does anyone know what the highest rep in terms of points is?

cheerleader;2020635

I have 1899

Its one stonking big gap then lol

I have 35587 :thumbsup:

emasu;2020631

Yes - the more rep you have, the higher your voting power.Although the … Yes - the more rep you have, the higher your voting power.Although the max is 9 for all those with higher rep.

That's incorrect... Your voting power is based on the temperature of the deals you've posted yourself.

Original Poster

emasu;2020643

Its one stonking big gap then lolI have 35587 :thumbsup:

Jeez... so those rep balls under the avatar... is 11 the most... as I can't see why we are the same when my rep is a measely 1907 and urs is well... slightly bigger... lol

sadiebabes;2020666

That's incorrect... Your voting power is based on the temperature of the … That's incorrect... Your voting power is based on the temperature of the deals you've posted yourself.

Its a combination of those things i think. :thumbsup:

I did say *i think* lol

Original Poster

sadiebabes;2020666

That's incorrect... Your voting power is based on the temperature of the … That's incorrect... Your voting power is based on the temperature of the deals you've posted yourself.

Kinda makes sense...

donbreach;2020669

Jeez... so those rep balls under the avatar... is 11 the most... as I … Jeez... so those rep balls under the avatar... is 11 the most... as I can't see why we are the same when my rep is a measely 1907 and urs is well... slightly bigger... lol

It is a bit of a odd thing lol.. but i dont think we have room for more balls.

sadiebabes;2020666

That's incorrect... It's an almalgamation of a few things.

Original Poster

emasu;2020676

It is a bit of a odd thing lol.. but i dont think we have room for more … It is a bit of a odd thing lol.. but i dont think we have room for more balls.

I'm happy with 2 balls... but 9 spare will do.

7459 point(s) total
    this cant be mine?
    have a looked in the wrong place

Original Poster

pcnutta;2020773

7459 point(s) total this cant be mine?have a looked in the wrong place

That probably is urs...

i have 2200 or somehting. although my voting power seems to have dropped to 8 instead of nine

I have 17891 points, I'm shocked to read!

50,000 is that good?

ive got 312 lol

*trys to be more helpfull*

Tsk! Listening to you people makes poor old newbies like me feel depressed. ;-)

Original Poster

SteJosh;2020883

ive got 312 lol*trys to be more helpfull*

Lol... we all have to start somewhere...

suze;2020868

I have 17891 points, I'm shocked to read!

most of them are from me :lol: (only joking!)
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. U.S. bombers fly off North Korea's coast in show of force2749
      2. I have 2 spare netflix slots and a spotify share.614
      3. Get an annual MOT reminder68
      4. Meerkat Movies (2 for 1 Cinema Codes) | Official Trading Thread424814503

See more discussions