Posted 25 March 2017

How does screwfix bulb warranty works ?

I want to buy this,

screwfix.com/p/l…33p

it says it comes with 2 years manufacture warranty, but what I will do if these bulbs stop working within 2 years ? get replacement from screwfix or directly contact manufacturer ?

Did anyone had any experiemnce
Community Updates
New Comment

Categories

6 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    fyi for future purchases of LAP..they are screwfix own brand. so any issues under the warranty period given could be done in store
    I wouldnt lose sleep over it at £1.80 each its hardly gonna break the bank

screwfix.com/hel…ns/

7. Manufacturer's Warranties & Guarantees7.1 Some of our goods are sold … 7. Manufacturer's Warranties & Guarantees7.1 Some of our goods are sold with a manufacturer's warranty, guarantee or similar assurance (please see the relevant product description on our website for further details). Any complaint, query or claim under a manufacturer's warranty, guarantee or similar assurance must be made direct to the manufacturer and we do not have any responsibility or liability under or in connection with any such warranty, guarantee or assurance.7.2 Any manufacturer's warranty, guarantee or similar assurance applies in addition to your legal rights if you are a consumer.7.3 Some products may feature an extended manufacturer’s warranty. These need to be registered within 28 days of purchase – see the product documentation for more information

Author
    Ended up buying £1.42 each from Tesco using this deal with 4 years warranty :),
    hotukdeals.com/dea…628 (edited)
    Seems a certain amount fail early however not 1 of ours or family led bulbs have failed in 2 years since I fitted them. Not bothered if 1 fails out of a pack but if 2 did I would consider taking back.
    If they are like toolstation then you will need to contact the bulb manufacturer with proof of purchase to get a replacement. I bought lots of gu10's with a three year guarantee and was told to keep the receipt in case of a claim. I've even kept the boxes.
's avatar