How does that "in the movies" camera thing work?

6 replies
Found 12th Dec 2008
I've seen the advert for "in the movies" for the xbox. It shows a webcam you stick on your telly which videos you and then puts you in the movie.

My question is, how does it do it without a green screen?

6 Comments

Not to sure how it actually does it but it doesnt really work very well and takes ages for you to make a movie!!

probably some kind of rotoscoping algorithm, since you're asked to move in a particular way or manner and the movement is recorded not the static background image, IMO, but sounds quite lame for a game.

Original Poster

Cheers, from the advert it looks as good as done with a green screen. I guess it's just another misleading advert!

I thought that it looked shocking in the advert, I can see it being good for the novelty factor for about half and hour before its gets boring and put to the back of the pile never to be played again! :thumbsup:

Original Poster

scottydont;3737741

I thought that it looked shocking in the advert, I can see it being good … I thought that it looked shocking in the advert, I can see it being good for the novelty factor for about half and hour before its gets boring and put to the back of the pile never to be played again! :thumbsup:

Agree that the game looks rubbish, just was impressed at the apparent quality using a webcam and lack of screen.

Agreed, its unbelievable what you can do these days with a console, things are advancing at an astounding rate!
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Xbox One - Buying from Other Regions *WITHOUT* A VPN (Virtual Private Netwo…1951381
    2. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7769376
    3. *** Weekly game codes giveaway 191 ***1327
    4. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19247620

See more discussions