how does the john lewis extended Macbook/laptop warranty work?

Do John Lewis use their own techs to sort this out? They're offering a 2 year warranty on Macbooks at the moment. Apple only offer one.

I went to John Lewis in Birmingham and when approached by a tech sales rep informed him i am interested in a laptop computer. I then asked about the Macbook, the sales rep in the tech department said there was a difference between a "Mac" and a "Computer" as in a computer being a computer and that a Macbook is not a computer... so this got me thinking

how good is the extra warranty?

5 Comments

From my experience with JL, if your Mac runs into problems they send it off for repair. You might be able to borrow a replacement while yours is being fixed - I was given a fairly basic macbook - but Apple has better options if under warranty and they fix on site which might mean you get it back quicker.

Original Poster

Biglorryted

From my experience with JL, if your Mac runs into problems they send it … From my experience with JL, if your Mac runs into problems they send it off for repair. You might be able to borrow a replacement while yours is being fixed - I was given a fairly basic macbook - but Apple has better options if under warranty and they fix on site which might mean you get it back quicker.

i wouldn't loan out a mac or borrow one. who do they send it off to?

Can't remember, but it wasn't Apple. Regardless of where I bought Apple kit from I would take it back to an Apple shop during its warranty period and then let JL sort it in year two.

Original Poster

Biglorryted

Can't remember, but it wasn't Apple. Regardless of where I bought Apple … Can't remember, but it wasn't Apple. Regardless of where I bought Apple kit from I would take it back to an Apple shop during its warranty period and then let JL sort it in year two.

Yea mate same here. I'm just wondering how it all works out in year 2

in the first year of the guarantee you should take it to an apple store if there's an issue, in the 2nd year return it to JL who will send it to an apple authorised repair agent for repair
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Cheap 'smart phone' for child wanted.33
    2. Pet lifetime insurance advice needed22
    3. Ditched Sky33
    4. iPhone 7 32GB Black Unopened56

See more discussions