Groups

How does the XBOX 360 Mass Effect games perform on the XBOX One???

Just wanted your feedback on how the XBOX 360 Mass Effect games perform on the XBOX One. A year ago the frame rate during the combat scenes dropped to below 20 frames per second when tested with Mass Effect 1 and I believe it was tested with the beta version of the backwards compatibility software. Would love your honest feedback as always! Thanks guys!

9 Comments

The original Mass effect never performed very well even on 360. I've played all 3 on xbox one and they perform identical to what they do on 360 mate. If you go in expecting any technical improvements then you'll be disappointed

Original Poster

DEELZ

The original Mass effect never performed very well even on 360. I've … The original Mass effect never performed very well even on 360. I've played all 3 on xbox one and they perform identical to what they do on 360 mate. If you go in expecting any technical improvements then you'll be disappointed

​Thanks, I have the pc versions of me1 and me2 on origin, but there doesn't seem to be native 360 controller support...I have two month's of ea access, wondering shall I play the first two on the pc or just play it on the xb1 and bear the certain technical disappoints

Original still runs poorly on xb1. ME2 was fine and didn't notice any problems. Not started ME3 yet. With all the nonsense that get remastered these days I'm surprised Mass Effect which could do with one has missed out.

Original Poster

orangebastage

Original still runs poorly on xb1. ME2 was fine and didn't notice any … Original still runs poorly on xb1. ME2 was fine and didn't notice any problems. Not started ME3 yet. With all the nonsense that get remastered these days I'm surprised Mass Effect which could do with one has missed out.

Supposedly MS told bioware not to focus their resources towards a remaster of the original three, but focus fully on making ME: Andromeda the best game possible on the XB1 (_;)

rimz790

Supposedly MS told bioware not to focus their resources towards a … Supposedly MS told bioware not to focus their resources towards a remaster of the original three, but focus fully on making ME: Andromeda the best game possible on the XB1 (_;)

​MS only published the first game, after the X years passed EA had the publishing rights back. ME 2 and 3 both published solely by EA and multiplatform. Not sure where you're gearing things about MS giving EA advice.

@orangebastage:
    I was also surprised that ME didn't get a remaster, would've dropped full price for that. Though some exec said that EA weren't looking to remaster anything at all when asked a year or so ago. They're all in on new user acquisition so might not think it's a worthwhile investment reworking older games and putting them through cert, etc... when they're going in on a franchise entry already.

Honestly, I would've thought if they had a b-team doing a remaster from one of their other internal studios then it would've been a no-brainer, but I also have no idea about what kind of numbers ME generally does in its opening months, so there is a big gap in my understanding of EA decision making.

From about an hours play.The 1st looks and performs the same as the 360 imo. Not got around to playing the other two yet.

Original Poster

dusktilldawn

From about an hours play.The 1st looks and performs the same as the 360 … From about an hours play.The 1st looks and performs the same as the 360 imo. Not got around to playing the other two yet.

Thanks

rimz790

Thanks

Picked them up from cash converters cheap. I paid 40 quid for the first one. And gave to my nephew years ago. Nice to be able to go back and play them when I have free time in the future. Dragons age is pretty good too. Picked that up off amazon preowned for about 2 quid.

Original Poster

dusktilldawn

Picked them up from cash converters cheap. I paid 40 quid for the first … Picked them up from cash converters cheap. I paid 40 quid for the first one. And gave to my nephew years ago. Nice to be able to go back and play them when I have free time in the future. Dragons age is pretty good too. Picked that up off amazon preowned for about 2 quid.

I'll be playing the ME games on the XB1 by buying the £2 'one month' ea access codes instead of buying the disc versions
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Localphone VOIP long distance app broken (not ios11 compatible)34
      2. Amazon prime subscribe & save46
      3. Decent Mp3 Player?22
      4. What's the most impressive 4k / UHD film you have seen at home?610

See more discussions