Groups

How does this PC sound for the money?

I know very little about PC's, and came across GladiatorPC where you can edit/build your own. Can anyone recommend these and is it worth the asking price? https://www.gladiatorpc.co.uk/configure/config/66646

PROCESSOR:\x09Intel i5 6600 Quad Core
    GRAPHICS CARD:\x09Geforce GTX 1060 6GB
    MEMORY:\x098GB DDR4 3000MHz
    STORAGE:\x091TB SATA III Hard Disk and 250GB SSD
    MOTHERBOARD:\x09Asus B150M Pro Gaming
    POWER SUPPLY:\x09700W Aerocool 80+
    CASE:\x09Aerocool Aero 800
    OPERATING SYSTEM:\x09Windows 10 (64Bit)

27 Comments

Not worth the money at all.

i5 6600 - £200
    1060 - £215
    8GB DDR4 3000mhz - £69
    1TB HDD - £42
    250GB SSD - £70-£85
    B150m Pro mobo - £70
    700 Watt 80+ PSU - £59
    Aero 800 Case - £49
    Windows 10 - £9-25 (dependant on retailer on Amazon, all good reviews)

Total = £783 minimum

All prices current on Amazon, you can save more if you go for slower ram, by only a tenner though.

So the price isn't that bad considering, but I'm a huge advocate for self-building since it helps people understand PC's better and makes them realise they're nowhere near as complicated as people make them out to be.

depends on ur computer needs

uk.pcpartpicker.com/lis…yBP

£838 for a similar build cheaper parts even and that's building it yourself hardly having your pants down worth the price imo

Original Poster

I think for the extra £50/100 I'd save buying these parts separately, and building myself, I'd rather just have this built by someone and have the peace of mind. I can't actually see much difference when pricing up these individual parts.

icecreamwoman

I think for the extra £50/100 I'd save buying these parts separately, and … I think for the extra £50/100 I'd save buying these parts separately, and building myself, I'd rather just have this built by someone and have the peace of mind. I can't actually see much difference when pricing up these individual parts.

Make sure to check FrankieOnPCin1080 left any discount codes. it says he reviewed it, so may be one in the description on his video for it​

Also just saw it has 4 year warranty, which is pretty nice!

You get a free game with the mobo and a free game with the gpu so also a nice touch

Shakeyyy

i5 6600 - £2001060 - £2158GB DDR4 3000mhz - £691TB HDD - £42250GB SSD - £7 … i5 6600 - £2001060 - £2158GB DDR4 3000mhz - £691TB HDD - £42250GB SSD - £70-£85B150m Pro mobo - £70700 Watt 80+ PSU - £59Aero 800 Case - £49Windows 10 - £9-25 (dependant on retailer on Amazon, all good reviews)Total = £783 minimumAll prices current on Amazon, you can save more if you go for slower ram, by only a tenner though.So the price isn't that bad considering, but I'm a huge advocate for self-building since it helps people understand PC's better and makes them realise they're nowhere near as complicated as people make them out to be.

It's not about that, it has no upgrade path, it's old, it's an i5 which Ryzen has made i5's obsolete now, it's not worth the money.

ritchiedrama

It's not about that, it has no upgrade path, it's old, it's an i5 which … It's not about that, it has no upgrade path, it's old, it's an i5 which Ryzen has made i5's obsolete now, it's not worth the money.

​Tbh I don't think people getting prebuilt are looking to upgrade sometime down the line? And upgrade paths are never there. Every new iteration of CPU's are based on new chipsets. Vega won't even be based on the same chipsets as Ryzen I bet you.

Shakeyyy

Tbh I don't think people getting prebuilt are looking to upgrade sometime … Tbh I don't think people getting prebuilt are looking to upgrade sometime down the line? And upgrade paths are never there. Every new iteration of CPU's are based on new chipsets. Vega won't even be based on the same chipsets as Ryzen I bet you.

You don't understand nvm

Just get a console for games and a pc for the other for a quarter the price.
    Why do you need a gazillion Mbs of ram and processor to word process and surf the web fgs just get a chrome book or Linux installed on an old PC.

Is nobody going to mention the garbage psu? Op do not bother with that garbage

No mention of Ryzen?

Buy the parts separately, get a better PSU, 500w, good ones around £70 and buy 16gb ram.

tempt

No mention of Ryzen?

If you had read the thread, yes, there was.

ritchiedrama

You don't understand nvm

​No explain what you meant by "upgrade path", I'm intrigued by what you meant by that?

Shakeyyy

No explain what you meant by "upgrade path", I'm intrigued by what you … No explain what you meant by "upgrade path", I'm intrigued by what you meant by that?

i think he mad an assumption you don't understand as you compared vega to ryzen
    Edited by: "Pitch^^" 12th May

Pitch^^

i think he mad an assumption you don't understand as you compared vega to … i think he mad an assumption you don't understand as you compared vega to ryzen

​Yeah it was quite late and didn't make it clear, it was basically just about how different iterations of components use different chipsets. Even though Vega is a GPU the principal is basically the same in which the architecture is different so it has to be based on a different chipset, same as CPUs

Neeerrdssss!! Seriously though you can't get a pre built on these site with ryzen yet so unless he can find one or build it himself what can he do? It's still good for a few years.

Surely it depends on the quality of your speakers and the audio chips??

Shakeyyy

Yeah it was quite late and didn't make it clear, it was basically just … Yeah it was quite late and didn't make it clear, it was basically just about how different iterations of components use different chipsets. Even though Vega is a GPU the principal is basically the same in which the architecture is different so it has to be based on a different chipset, same as CPUs

AMD have said they will use the AM4 setup for 4 years.

ritchiedrama

AMD have said they will use the AM4 setup for 4 years.

​AMD have said a lot of things, what happened to Steamroller being based on AM3+? Or Mantle? Companies make promises they can't keep, 4 years is a very long time to keep old manufacturing processes and architectures.

Moonwolf1976

Just get a console for games and a pc for the other for a quarter the … Just get a console for games and a pc for the other for a quarter the price.Why do you need a gazillion Mbs of ram and processor to word process and surf the web fgs just get a chrome book or Linux installed on an old PC.

Hmm 30 fps on console or 144+ fps on PC, why do you use a console when you can game on your phone? (see how silly that sounds)
    Edited by: "delusion" 12th May

delusion

Hmm 30 fps on console or 144+ fps on PC, why do you use a console when … Hmm 30 fps on console or 144+ fps on PC, why do you use a console when you can game on your phone? (see how silly that sounds)

Tbf alot of us just want to stick a game on and hve it work. Im interested in pc gaming but ive tried out expensive rigs at friends places and tbh the fannyin about for an extra fe fps just aint worth it for your average adult with a family.

123batman321

Tbf alot of us just want to stick a game on and hve it work. Im … Tbf alot of us just want to stick a game on and hve it work. Im interested in pc gaming but ive tried out expensive rigs at friends places and tbh the fannyin about for an extra fe fps just aint worth it for your average adult with a family.

But not the op presumably. My point was it's silly to assume a console is enough for someones needs when they ask for a PC of reasonable spec.
    Edited by: "delusion" 13th May

Shakeyyy

AMD have said a lot of things, what happened to Steamroller being based … AMD have said a lot of things, what happened to Steamroller being based on AM3+? Or Mantle? Companies make promises they can't keep, 4 years is a very long time to keep old manufacturing processes and architectures.

You don't get it, zen+ will be on AM4, period.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Win a flagship smartphone - the HTC U1145
      2. Win a Davosa Ternos Submariner Wristwatch worth £64556
      3. Win Swarovski earrings with OK magazine11
      4. Win a luxury eight-night break for two in Malaysia with Ushvani Spa and Tra…11

See more discussions