how does tv recording device work

hi,
i just want to make sure that the recording device i am buying here will work with the virgin box i have. i am buying this one: Wharfedale TU320DTR 320GB Twin Tuner Freeview Box for £59.99 + del. at BIGPOCKETS .co.uk

so how will it work will there be a wire connecting the 2 boxes together. could you also suggest is the recorder i am buying a good one.

6 Comments

You can record freeview programs, not the signal from your VM box.

Original Poster

Jonsend;8588285

You can record freeview programs, not the signal from your VM box.

ok did you mean to say record any channel i am watching on the virgin box.

No, you can't do that.
You can only record programs that are transmitted terrestrially and are received through the aerial socket on the freeview box. You will not be able to record anything you are viewing on VM.

You will not be able to record anything from your Virgin box, or any other external source, onto this device. You will only be able to record from the recorders own Freeview tuners.

Original Poster

4leafed;8588484

You will not be able to record anything from your Virgin box, or any … You will not be able to record anything from your Virgin box, or any other external source, onto this device. You will only be able to record from the recorders own Freeview tuners.

sorry for being stupid. but if i am watching something on tv, can i not record it on a box despite what ever device i am using.
if this is not possible then there should be something outthere that allows recording channels.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Any PS4 News Here29213592
    2. Any Xbox One news today?2356124
    3. GOT Leaks again416
    4. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7763949

See more discussions