How dose Google know

Found 13th May
Had a what's app discussion with a mate about a van he bought. I then decided to Google it and just as I started typing on Google search, up popped vauxhall vivaro van 2011 as a suggestion . Even the correct year. Big brother ai is watching. Don't let anyone tell you different. I'm going to be bumped off in the next 24h now by men dressed in black.
Community Updates
Ask
18 Comments
Predictive txt? You've typed it a few times in the conversation with your friend. You go to type it in again in a search bar and your phone recognises it?
Yeah weirdly apt suggestions do appear for me too, even if I discuss something out loud...assume zero privacy.
I take it you use android, anything you type on that thing google owns. It’s the price you pay for an OS built by an ad company
Guy at work talking to his builder about a product, goes on amazon and items he might like are shown and he never searched for them before but Alexa was listening.

but things like this have been going on for years, we aren’t on any social media except this one but wife signs up to LinkedIn, clicks on don’t access my contacts and first person who comes up in you might know is my sister, at the same time I am in the US and a colleague is on LinkedIn and says is this your wife she had popped up in the you may know section on her page, it had used both of their contacts and in the case of my colleagues a contact list on her laptop not even linked to her log in email.Of course they aren’t using every piece of data they can even if you don’t tell them.
Edited by: "eslick" 13th May
Just looked through messages and I never typed the word vauxhall. It's all very strange. I hear it mentioned on podcasts and those that believe we have a AI overlord and there are those that don't. Maybe I did type vauxhall vivaro at some point in the past as I do look up vans. Not in the last 6+ months though. Hum
Edited by: "wayners" 13th May
Pretty much everything you do on an Android device is recorded and can be viewed here mya…ity.google.com/mya…ity
Saw a yt video recently, a guy tested to see if what he says is being listened to all the time through his computer mic. He showed he'd never searched for this thing before, then he spoke about it as if he was talking to a friend about it, went back on the internet and lots of ads showing what he was talking about
wayners45 m ago

Just looked through messages and I never typed the word vauxhall. It's all …Just looked through messages and I never typed the word vauxhall. It's all very strange. I hear it mentioned on podcasts and those that believe we have a AI overlord and there are those that don't. Maybe I did type vauxhall vivaro at some point in the past as I do look up vans. Not in the last 6+ months though. Hum

Look at the permissions for the keyboard you use google keyboard permissions are pretty much everything. Realistically you wouldn’t need to type Vauxhall for anybody to know who makes a vivaro in the U.K.
I use swiftkey
Probably by Will Smith & Tommy Lee Jones.
Get this happening a few times on my wife’s phone where I have done a search on my phone and she gets suggestions on hers based on my search. It could be the same WiFi system we are using or somehow google has picked up my credentials on her phone. Weird.
always funny when ppl are suprised an advertising company (google) acts like this
Edited by: "Infractionboi" 13th May
It's not Google listening in but you being conditioned to buy these products. You give enough cues to someone and they will follow the herd. Hence the whole trending case, mass control and manipulation is common but most people would rather believe big brother is watching them than leading them.
it is hard to believe people are so unaware.
jco836 h, 4 m ago

Saw a yt video recently, a guy tested to see if what he says is being …Saw a yt video recently, a guy tested to see if what he says is being listened to all the time through his computer mic. He showed he'd never searched for this thing before, then he spoke about it as if he was talking to a friend about it, went back on the internet and lots of ads showing what he was talking about

I also saw that video, but he did another pre-recorded video instead of a live stream.
wayners23 h, 20 m ago

I use swiftkey

Their privacy policy gives them permission to use data to show more relevant ads. Plus their permissions allow pretty much anything they also use read phone state so they have the IMEI and phone numbers also all details of who you are calling. Full network access too!

the list is quite extensive and they get more info than the google keyboard. They dont need an AI overlord, you already handed them pretty much every piece of information they need to track you through any app or service.
Yeah. I know a little about how we get data mined, however it's still surprising when something happens and you think the overload can read your mind. Lol
One day I'll wake phone and the answer to a question will already be showing. Lol
Edited by: "wayners" 14th May
wayners1 h, 26 m ago

Yeah. I know a little about how we get data mined, however it's still …Yeah. I know a little about how we get data mined, however it's still surprising when something happens and you think the overload can read your mind. LolOne day I'll wake phone and the answer to a question will already be showing. Lol

It was the main reason why I moved away from android, it’s insecure and the OS is pretty much the definition of a Trojan.

There was a report that android phones are sending around 1gb per month of data about you back to google and that’s not via WiFi. The info can get your location without gps, via wifi ip and mobile towers. They are under investigation in Australia for this practise.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants