Groups

How easy is it to do a DIY RROD fix?

Are there any easy guides? Is it worth me buying my mates 3 red ring 360 Pro for £20? Thanks.

13 Comments

buy it off him and ship it to microsoft for free to get it fixed

simples.....

i assume its probs out of the 3 year warranty lol not sure if you can still get it fixed after the period, thought i had read somewhere you can

Original Poster

numptyj;7734324

buy it off him and ship it to microsoft for free to get it … buy it off him and ship it to microsoft for free to get it fixedsimples.....i assume its probs out of the 3 year warranty lol not sure if you can still get it fixed after the period, thought i had read somewhere you can

I think its still under 3 years but the problem is he has taken it apart and broken the seal...

Banned

ei8hty5ive;7734354

I think its still under 3 years but the problem is he has taken it apart … I think its still under 3 years but the problem is he has taken it apart and broken the seal...

you could still try and blag it, ive had stories of them getting replaced without sticker on. just luck of the draw. either way... your console gets returned

Original Poster

rumblefish;7734366

you could still try and blag it, ive had stories of them getting replaced … you could still try and blag it, ive had stories of them getting replaced without sticker on. just luck of the draw. either way... your console gets returned

Would they still take it without reciept/proof of purchase?

simple solution:
    take it
    smash it
    buy a ps3
    :-)

get a friend with a seal on their xbox, hair dryer it off put it on yours send it back boom! fixed, when you get it back give them your seal back!

Original Poster

jknoxville;7734486

simple solution:take itsmash itbuy a ps3:-)

Already got one! :thumbsup:

jknoxville;7734486

Whats that little LED colour, is it yellow?:thumbsup:

Banned

mikejames;7734566

get a friend with a seal on their xbox, [SIZE="5"]hair dryer it … get a friend with a seal on their xbox, [SIZE="5"]hair dryer it off[/SIZE] put it on yours send it back boom! fixed, when you get it back give them your seal back!

Ide strongly recommend getting someone who has previously done this.. it isnt as easy as just peeling it straight off it can get tricky.

im just about to attempt the same thing. had the clamp fix sitting around for a few weeks now - just havent had the time to get on with it.....i attempted to send back to MS but was 3 mnths out of warranty.

its not easy, tbh honest it is a bit of a pain but great sense o accomplishment to see it working again, have done it only once and that was enough (only lasted or 6 months after though)

jknoxville;7734486

smashed Xbox 360 vs normal PS3...........I'll take the Xbox

try console wizard it cost me £35 quid with pick up and drop off by parcelforce, he flashed it and made it like new. No problems since.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. 3x Now TV Sky Sports Day Passes to Giveaway1918
      2. So Brexit isn't going how a lot of Brexiters thought it would30124
      3. word association Game74044563
      4. Does anyone have a Sky voucher code that they wont use?33

See more discussions