Groups

How easy is it to replace 360 dvd drive?

My 360 often takes about ten attempt of inserting a game before it recognises it as a game so I am assuming its my dvd drive that needs replacing. Is it easy? any advice on what drive to get?

Cheers

3 Comments

First off I'd consider removing the drive, Dismantle the DVD Drive and clean the lens and other parts in the drive.

I had the same probs with one the other day, It's now working fine.

As for removing, It's fairly easy once you've got the case off, Just Google "How to remove xbox 360 DVD drive" theirs plenty of How To guides and video's.

As for changing the Drive itself I believe you'd have to flash the xbox 360 as each xbox has a unique DVD drive key.

I'd also recommend cleaning the laser lens before forking out any cash for a new drive.

When my PS2 used to play up and not read discs, I always cleaned it with a cotton bud with some isopropyl alcohol ("rubbing alcohol") which you can probably find in the local chemist or Maplin. Worked well for my PS2 back in those days!

Also, I don't know if the 360 drive has then (probably does) but the laser unit on the PS2 runs along "rails" which are just two metal bars. Guides for fixing the PS2 always suggest putting some vaseline (or other lubricant) on them so the laser unit can move up and down the rail more easily.

http://img381.imageshack.us/img381/2867/link.th.jpg

oldmanhouse;5773132

I'd also recommend cleaning the laser lens before forking out any cash … I'd also recommend cleaning the laser lens before forking out any cash for a new drive.When my PS2 used to play up and not read discs, I always cleaned it with a cotton bud with some isopropyl alcohol ("rubbing alcohol") which you can probably find in the local chemist or Maplin. Worked well for my PS2 back in those days!Also, I don't know if the 360 drive has then (probably does) but the laser unit on the PS2 runs along "rails" which are just two metal bars. Guides for fixing the PS2 always suggest putting some vaseline (or other lubricant) on them so the laser unit can move up and down the rail more easily.

I can confirm the 360's drive does have the metal bars. Well the Benq one does anyway.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …80138
      2. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846283
      3. Show us your Photos 2017. August's Theme - Animals30401
      4. How dangerous is Donald trump?34207

See more discussions