Groups

how easy will it be to hear skype ring on an ipod touch 3rd Gen?

I desperately need a skype phone and the drawback i see for using it is that you won't be able to hear it ring... does it have a loud speaker and can you hold the ipod like a normal phone when you pick it up, or do you need headphones............

Thanks in advance

3 Comments

It has a loudspeaker, but no mic - which means you'll need a mic/earphone combi - which when plugged in means you wouldn't be able to hear the speaker anyway. You can get cables that split out the audio output and mic input - I just bought one for £15 off eBay...that'd do the job, but it'd mean always having your iPod plugged into some kind of speaker/amplifier...

Don't Three do an el-cheapo Skype PAYG handset? They must do, surely...and it'd be cheaper than buying an iPod Touch (although admittedly, I love my iPod Touch...it's awesome and I wouldn't be without it)...

Original Poster

SirBargainsALot;8324333

It has a loudspeaker, but no mic - which means you'll need a mic/earphone … It has a loudspeaker, but no mic - which means you'll need a mic/earphone combi - which when plugged in means you wouldn't be able to hear the speaker anyway. You can get cables that split out the audio output and mic input - I just bought one for £15 off eBay...that'd do the job, but it'd mean always having your iPod plugged into some kind of speaker/amplifier...

wait i'm confused : would this make it possible to have proper skype in calls and skype out calls. By this i mean if someone calls you the 'speaker' would ring like a normal loud phone and a mic attachment would mean talking as if the ipod touch was a normal phone.

Thanks
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Magazine competitions - Issue 39 @ tvchoicemagazine.co.uk55
      2. Win 1 of 3 x £1000 Selfridges vouchers with Virgin Trains109
      3. Win a Free minion usb stick1010
      4. totalev.com comp - win an electric car2121

See more discussions