how easy/difficult to register a new business ?

Found 16th Apr 2007
Want to start off a small business. How easy/hard is this to do ?

And will I need to bring in a fixed revenue for it to remain registered or not ?

thanks

1. Misc
Groups
  1. Misc
8 Comments

A small business as in sole trader?

Banned

Worth noting, if you are a sole trader and live by the coast you may have a lot of competition.

Original Poster

yes sole trader.
Im not worried about revenue ... I just want to set a business up at the moment.

Cyrus

yes sole trader.Im not worried about revenue ... I just want to set a … yes sole trader.Im not worried about revenue ... I just want to set a business up at the moment.

Right, setting up as a sole trader is the simplest way to get started. All you need to do is inform the relevant people (tax/NI) that you intend to go self-employed and that’s about it; you can start trading right away. Registering a business at companies house is only necessary if you're a Limited company.

Have a look here:

businesslink.gov.uk/

Click on 'Starting up'

IF you need any more help just ask :thumbsup:

Original Poster

thanks a lot sintass ! What if I'm working full time and still want/need to set up a business on the side ? Also, as a sole trader, will I get VAT Exemption ?

Tax implications for sole traders considered
ir-portal.gov.uk/ind…jsp

May be worth talking to an accountant RE going LTD as it has differant tax rules that could mean you are better off.

Original Poster

excellent. thanks a lot !
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Anger over Donald Trump's UK crime tweet3472
    2. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7769600
    3. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19247665
    4. US GrandPrix Razzmatazz33

See more discussions