How Good Are Ikea's Chest Drawers??? Feedback Required On Ikea Products!!!

Found 1st May 2012
Heys guys, hows it going???

Need your trusted feedback (again) as usual. I am looking ot buy Ikeas Malm 4+2 chest of drawers with extra roomy drawers (which is what im looking for mainly) for £85 to store the kids clothes as we have a (nearly-) newborn, so extra storage is required.

Needed your trusted feedback on Ikeas products in terms of quality, longevity etc.

I havent bought anything from Ikea as yet, as iv only bought items like such from Argos in the past and have been happy sofar. So was wondering if Ikeas products are of the same quality as Argos' or better or worse.

Thanking you guys in advance for your feedback!!!
Community Updates
27 Comments
About the same as all flat pack furniture.
A cut above Argos, MFI and Mamas and Papas.
If you are happy with Argos furniture you will be absolutely blown away with Ikea's quality
Had my malm furniture and other livingroom stuff for 6 years now, still going strong. All of it.

Buy them.
If you like argos stuff you'll be like a dog with two willys with ikea.
ive got pretty much the malm set (2 chest of draws and wardrobe). its alot better than argos furniture ive owned in the past from what ive found but its all down to how well you put it together. id recommend it
I love my Ikea flat pack, Fair enough its only the trofast units, but they are solid when built, where as I have learnt my lesson going through so many Argos flat pack stuff
I bought some malm stuff for our daughter's room.

I was like a dog with 2 willies
Think it is 10 times better than Argos, much prefer it
Brilliant, and far superior to any other flat packs. Go for it..
I have one of these ones from over 2 years ago it's 6 drawers tall as this 4+2 one was available but we felt due to the room it was going into that buying the extra capacity was worth it. I've had a small mini system and old 21inch CRT monitor atop of it for most of that time till about 2 months ago and is used daily, still going strong to this day. A bit of warping on the top but not very noticeable as the unit is reinforced. I would recommend it again if I was to buy another one or someone wanting to buy one.
Edited by: "Astec123" 1st May 2012
I love the malm range. I have had draws for around 6/7 years and they are still in use now!
Definately worth the money!
Yep the Malm drawers are especially good, we have two sets of the white ones and was very surprised how strong they seem
We've had loads of Ikea flat pack stuff (Billy bookcases, Malm drawers, Pax wardrobes, desks) and always been very happy with the quality.
Wow, quite a few feedbacks!!! Thank you guys, much appreciated!!! Will make a visit on my days off from work on the weekend.
yup they are brill no issues at all xxx
Got the very same drawer's few months back,easy to assemble & as far as flat pack goes pretty solid too.
We have 5 sets of Malm drawers. Its much better than others flatpack both quality and ease of build. We did have one piece of wood damaged once and went to store where they gave us the replacement part and an Ikea voucher based on our distance from store.
Another vote for Malm stuff. We have all their drawers and bed and daughter has drawers too. All have lasted quite a few years and still going very strong. The veneer is very good and doesnt lift at all.
The only niggle iv got with the argos drawers is the thin bottom piece of nearly every drawer have caved/bent downwards. Hopefully the malm has better solidity in regards to them parts of the drawers.
rimz790

The only niggle iv got with the argos drawers is the thin bottom piece of … The only niggle iv got with the argos drawers is the thin bottom piece of nearly every drawer have caved/bent downwards. Hopefully the malm has better solidity in regards to them parts of the drawers.

Yes it does, the bottoms are very strong and the the whole drawer is very solid and they have metal runners too.
Thanks manda1 for that feedback ;-)
Brilliant! Those East German political prisoners don't make rubbish you know?
I can confirm they are the best flat packed draws we've had.
another vote for how good they are. Only issue I had with any draws was down to damp in my old flat, but only the bottom drawer got a pit of damage and was fixed easily, so deffo a good vote from me. plus the ones in my step sons room I have had for 10+ years
have had their furniture... is good, annoyingly doesnt break when u get bored of it.
They are great and very sturdy. The drawers however are not perfect, a bit weaker than I'd like and not the best design. 7/10 for the drawers which is the only let down of the product.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants