How good are the dyson cordless?

Found 7th Dec 2015
Looking to buy a compact vacuum.
Compared to lets say a Henry, how strong are they? Can it replace the normal vacuum completely? Also are there any other cordless brands?
Community Updates
AskDyson
7 Comments
Recently bought the Dyson total Care on offer from currys. I was sceptical but personally I find it brilliant. It picks up way more cat hair and dust on carpet than our 4 year old Dyson upright, and the "fluffy" head on our kitchen tiles is amazing.

Only drawback is the battery, but we just vacuum little and often rather than wait and do most rooms every 3-4 days.
We have the Dyson V6 fluffy, its perfect for our 2 bed flat. I can get 99% of the flat done on one round but it does run out on the last part (perhaps the last 1/4 of the last room).

Generally we use it as and when we see any dirt but try and do a deep clean over the weekends which now gets split between Saturday and Sunday. The unit takes 3.5 hours to charge so if it runs out half way through then you pretty much have to stop and continue later.

We do not use it on the max power mode as this only lasts some 6mins. On normal power it works just fine. The v6 is perfect for small flats
Thanks for your messages.
I think this brings me closer to buy one. I hope they get some offers near or after Christmas.
ceanth

We have the Dyson V6 fluffy, its perfect for our 2 bed flat. I can get … We have the Dyson V6 fluffy, its perfect for our 2 bed flat. I can get 99% of the flat done on one round but it does run out on the last part (perhaps the last 1/4 of the last room).Generally we use it as and when we see any dirt but try and do a deep clean over the weekends which now gets split between Saturday and Sunday. The unit takes 3.5 hours to charge so if it runs out half way through then you pretty much have to stop and continue later.We do not use it on the max power mode as this only lasts some 6mins. On normal power it works just fine. The v6 is perfect for small flats

How long does it last on the normal setting?
miacid

Lasts 20mins on normal power
miacid

According to the book its around 20 to 25mins, however you have to remember then when you use this you don't keep your finger on the trigger at all times, its a lot of stop start so 20mins run time can go quite far.
My house is mostly wooden floors so I changed over to a cordless dyson. My biggest issue is that it scratches the floor so I rarely use it. It is however brilliant on the rugs and bedroom carpets and I would imagine a godsend on the stairs (I live in a bungalow).
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants